- Chantilly, VA, USA
Fenix Group is a Systems Integrator focused on battlefield technologies. Our mission is to reduce risk and cost to the warfighter by enabling battlefield intelligence at the edge, increasing soldier lethality and allowing smaller teams to control larger areas. Our experience in deploying specialized austere environment communications systems to enable a "Battlefield of Things" (TM) allows us to connect drones, augmented reality enabled battlefield robots, loitering munitions, and other sensor ecosystem end points to enable US military and first responders with at-the-edge intelligence.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
· Reviews cost proposals and pricing information.
· Prepares and manages contracts and purchase orders with specific vendors.
· Compares bids from vendors and determines, or assists with determination, to whom contracts will be awarded.
· Evaluates vendor proposals to ensure that all requirements are met.
· Confirms that terms and delivery dates are accurate.
· Evaluates competence of vendors and reviews their invoices for accuracy.
· Maintains database regarding vendors performance and quality of product(s).
· Establish positive customer relationships and leverage to provide critical strategic intelligence to program team to expand business and influence customer requirements, program/contract terms and contract structure.
· Ensure Intellectual Property is properly identified, protected and/or licensed.
· Integrate with Business Development to optimize contract structure and business terms, and coordinate strategic agreements, when appropriate (e.g., partnering and teaming agreements)
· Review terms and conditions to address provisions and risks of financial terms, acceptance criteria, delivery requirements, warranty, intellectual property, termination provisions, indemnification, Organizational Conflict of Interest and all other potential risk areas and recommend risk mitigation strategies.
· Recommend changes, additions, and deletions to the contract structure to ensure accurate reflection of customer requirements and alignment with company's program strategy and risk mitigation approach.
· Identify business risks associated with contract in partnership with mission assurance.
· Ensure flow down of required terms and conditions to subcontractors and that subcontractor terms and conditions are appropriate for the work being performed in relation to the prime contract.
· Define negotiation parameters through delegation process
· Negotiate appropriate contract type, scope, and terms.
· Execute cost or pricing data certificate where required.
· Establish equitable payment terms, facilitate timely payments through coordinated oversight with Finance of invoicing process, and ensure customer compliance with payment terms.
· Ensure that the contract and statement of work are consistent with pricing assumptions to effectively manage financial risk related to contract terms and conditions, and that the underlying cost estimate is consistent with and appropriately addresses performance risk.
· Implement the change management process and coordinate with Program Management to ensure compliance.
· Monitor contract cost performance in concert with Program Management and Finance.
· Prepare and manage written communications with internal and external customers for assigned contractual matters.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field. In lieu of a degree additional related work will be considered.
· Must have strong working knowledge of FAR and DFARS.
· Three years of relevant experience
· Extensive knowledge of contract principles and procedures.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent administrative skills.
· Excellent written and communication skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Preferred Education and Experience:
· Master’s degree or higher
· 5+ years of previous experience working for a company within the industry or from a similar business
· Knowledge of engineering and integration functions
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
· Must be a U.S. citizen
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
· United States (Required)
· Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.