Systems Architect/ 5G RAN Engineer
- Chantilly, VA, USA
Fenix Group is a Systems Integrator focused on battlefield technologies. Our mission is to reduce risk and cost to the warfighter by enabling battlefield intelligence at the edge, increasing soldier lethality and allowing smaller teams to control larger areas. Our experience in deploying specialized austere environment communications systems to enable a "Battlefield of Things" (TM) allows us to connect drones, augmented reality enabled battlefield robots, loitering munitions, and other sensor ecosystem end points to enable US military and first responders with at-the-edge intelligence.
· Establishes system information requirements using analysis of the information engineer(s) in the development of enterprise-wide or large-scale information systems.
· Designs 4G LTE / 5G NR architecture to include system the software, hardware, and network to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
· Evaluates analytically and systematically problems of workflows, organization, and planning and develop appropriate corrective action.
· Demonstrate exceptional customer service and management skills, including the ability to discern and translate client needs and goals into intelligent Fenix products solutions
· Organize 4G LTE /5G NR projects, coordinating project resources and ensuring task requirements, company standards, and task/project due dates are satisfied.
· Provide input on technology options and approaches for the completion of tasks.
· Ability to perform pre-commission, commissioning, integration, maintenance, and upgrades to 4G LTE / 5G NR equipment and auxiliary equipment
· Responsible for integration & testing in both 4G LTE /5G NSA (none-standalone) /5G SA (standalone) environment.
· Ensure the Fenix’s 4G / 5G system is integrated with the correct configurations are loaded into the equipment to become a functional part of a high-speed data 4G LTE / 5G NR network
· Ensure any new hardware is connected to the network and integrated into the 4G / 5G site
· Seamless end-to-end 4G LTE /5G NR system support and ownership phases to remote 4G LTE/ 5G NR system acceptance
· Technical writing skills required to create technical MOP (methods of procedures) for 4G/5G network deployment, test plans, feature activations, and integration testing
· Support the knowledge transfer of commissioning and Integration to other engineers
· Debugs issues and assist in the determination of resolution to issues discovered during testing.
· Provide input for improvements in lab functionality, test automation, training, and lab maintenance procedures.
· Analyze and recommend test equipment, test methods to validate essential requirements, and interface proactively and effectively within Fenix Group and with customers as related to testing activities.
· Performing test execution, and troubleshooting SW/HW issues in a lab or field environment.
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
· 3-7 years of experience and In-depth knowledge of 4G LTE / 5G NR Cell site Commissioning and integration
· 3+ years of experience support and leading a technical team
· Experience writing technical documentation
· Experienced and fluent with 3GPP RAN product architecture, design, implementation, and performance improvements
· A demonstrated understanding of multiple backhaul network topologies and associated Radio access network (RAN) and Optical / Microwave Transmission infrastructure Proficient with Internet Protocol (IP) networking
· Experienced integrating and troubleshoot all components of 4G / 5G network
· In-depth understanding of 4G LTE eNB / 5G gNB installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting procedures
· Experienced in 4G / 5G Optimization, solid understanding of RF propagation principles, cellular theory, RF engineering tools, and antenna theory.
· Must have 4G/5G Call Processing experience with In-depth knowledge of L1, L2, and L3 protocols stack.
· Experience and familiarity with Lab Test equipment such as Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Signal generator, etc.
· Basic RF engineering skills including familiarity with 4G/5G radios/antenna systems. Understanding of concepts such as Hybrid Beamforming, Massive MIMO, and knowledge of 5G New Waveforms (Sub 6 & mm-Wave).
Preferred Education and Experience:
· Master’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
· 10+ years of previous experience working for a company within the industry or from a similar business
· Able to work on automation scripts
· Must have a basic understanding of end to end call flows and exit criteria for each of the scenarios for any protocol (4G LTE / 5G NR – NSA & SA)
· Working knowledge with 4G/5G baseband networking equipment (radio & channel card), fiber optics, GPS systems is a plus. (Prefer: Nokia, Samsung, and Ericsson)
· Able to lead all technical discussions on Fenix products/scheduler related features with several customer vertical organization including 4G/5G RAN/CORE Development groups
· Strong working knowledge of RF wireless technologies and products.
· Familiar with FCC and FAA filings and zoning meetings
· Good understanding of the test plan and test methodology
· Basic understanding of the Python, Perl, Java, and C
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
· Must be a US citizen
· Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.