Systems Architect/ 5G RAN Engineer
- Chantilly, VA, USA
Fenix Group is a Systems Integrator focused on battlefield technologies. Our mission is to reduce risk and cost to the warfighter by enabling battlefield intelligence at the edge, increasing soldier lethality and allowing smaller teams to control larger areas. Our experience in deploying specialized austere environment communications systems to enable a "Battlefield of Things" (TM) allows us to connect drones, augmented reality enabled battlefield robots, loitering munitions, and other sensor ecosystem end points to enable US military and first responders with at-the-edge intelligence.
- Establishes system information requirements using analysis of the information engineer(s) in the development of enterprise-wide or largescale information systems.
- Designs architecture to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
- Ensures these systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems architectures, the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) and International Standards Organization (ISO) reference models, and profiles of standards - such as Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model - as they apply to the implementation and specification of Information Management (IM) solution of the application platform, across the application program interface (API), and the external environment/software application.
- Ensures that the common operating environment is TAFIM compliant.
- Evaluates analytically and systematically problems of workflows, organization, and planning and develops appropriate corrective action.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service and management skills, including the ability to discern and translate client needs and goals into intelligent LTE solutions.
- Organize 4G/5G LTE projects, coordinating project resources and ensuring task requirements, company standards, and task/project due dates are satisfied.
- Provide input on technology options and approaches for the completion of tasks.
- Ability to perform pre-commission, commissioning, integration, maintenance and upgrades to 4G/5G LTE cell site equipment and auxiliary equipment
- Responsible for equipment powered up and testing in a standalone environment including cable connections.
- Ensure the latest software and the correct configurations are loaded into the equipment.
- Ensure the cell site is connected to the network and integrated to become a functional part of a cellular network
- Ensure any new hardware is connected to the network and integrated into the cell site
- Seamless end-to-end 4G/5G LTE cell site test support and ownership of cell site planning phases to remote LTE cell site acceptance
- Technical writing skills required to create cellular specific commissioning, integration and 4G/5G LTE cell site acceptance methods of procedures
- Single point-of-contact for integration, commissioning and acceptance issues
- Technical writing skills required to create network deployment custom test plans for feature Activations and integration testing
- Support the knowledge transfer of commissioning and Integration to other engineers
- Debugs issues and assist in determination of resolution to issues discovered during testing.
- Provide input for improvements in lab functionality, test automation, training, and lab maintenance procedures.
- Analyze and recommend test equipment, test methods to validate essential requirements, and interface proactively and effectively within Fenix Group and with customers as related to testing activities.
- Working knowledge of RF test equipment
- Performing test execution and troubleshooting SW/HW issues in a lab setting or in the field.
- Previous experience with FCC and FAA filings and zoning meetings are preferable.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- 3-7 years of experience and In-depth knowledge of LTE Cell site Commissioning and integration
- 3+ years of experience leading an LTE team
- 2-3 years of experience supporting less experienced LTE engineers
- A demonstrated understanding of multiple backhaul network topologies and associated Radio access network (RAN) and Optical / Microwave Transmission infrastructure Proficient with Internet Protocol (IP) networking
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, MS Windows products and databases
- Experience integrating and troubleshoot all components of Wireless and Fixed network
- Strong working knowledge of RF wireless technologies and products.
- In-depth understanding of LTE BTS installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting procedures
- Recent LTE Optimization experience with competing carrier Solid understanding of RF propagation principles, cellular theory, RF engineering tools and antenna theory.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- 10+ years of previous experience working for a company within the industry or from a similar business
- Able to work on automation scripts
- Basic understanding of the call flows and exit criteria for each of the scenarios for any protocol (WCDMA/LTE/NR/GERAN)
- Good understanding of the test plan and test methodology
- Basic understanding of the Python, Perl, Java and C
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.