- Chantilly, VA, USA
Fenix Group is a Systems Integrator focused on battlefield technologies. Our mission is to reduce risk and cost to the warfighter by enabling battlefield intelligence at the edge, increasing soldier lethality and allowing smaller teams to control larger areas. Our experience in deploying specialized austere environment communications systems to enable a "Battlefield of Things" (TM) allows us to connect drones, augmented reality enabled battlefield robots, loitering munitions, and other sensor ecosystem end points to enable US military and first responders with at-the-edge intelligence.
Leverage technical expertise on a team of developers to help plan and develop complex solutions and algorithms that support the enterprise.
· Conducts software requirements analysis, software product and tool development, and development and maintenance of infrastructure and platforms.
· Supports the development of information tools, algorithms, dashboards, and queries to monitor and improve business performance
· Maintains awareness of emerging analytics and big-data technologies.
· Offers familiarity in disciplines such as Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Predictive modeling, Statistical Analysis and Hypothesis testing.
· Analyzes user interfaces, maintains hardware and software performance tuning, analyzes workload and computer usage, maintains interfaces with outside systems, analyzes down times, analyzes proposed system modifications, and upgrades COTS.
· Defines the problem and develops system requirements and program specifications, from which programmers prepare detailed flow charts, programs, and tests.
· Coordinates closely with programmers to ensure proper implementation of program and system specifications.
· Develops, in conjunction with functional users, system alternative solutions.
· Works with cross-discipline teams to ensure connectivity between various databases and systems.
· Determines hardware compatibility.
Supervisory Responsibility: None.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Capable of conducting onsite and offsite installation and maintenance of LTE equipment in a field environment
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience:
· Requires a B.S. and 5 years of relevant experience or 10+ years of relevant experience.
· Experience with development practices
Preferred Education and Experience:
· Degree in Computer Science
· Proficient with a wide variety of software development languages and algorithm methodologies
· Expertise in disciplines such as Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
· Expertise using SECDEVOPS, JIRA and Confluence.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
· Must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a secret security clearance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.