- Chantilly, VA, USA
Fenix Group is a Systems Integrator focused on battlefield technologies. We are a privately held small business. Our mission is to reduce risk and cost to the warfighter by enabling battlefield intelligence at the edge, increasing soldier lethality and allowing smaller teams to control larger areas. Our experience in deploying specialized austere environment communications systems to enable a "Battlefield of Things" (TM) allows us to connect drones, augmented reality enabled battlefield robots, loitering munitions, and other sensor ecosystem end points to enable US military and first responders with at-the-edge intelligence.
We need a Controller to join our finance department and assist with the day to day activities of AR/AP, financial reporting and analysis, forecasting, budgeting, assisting with cost proposals and maintaining a FAR/DCAA compliant general ledger. Fenix Group is a small business with 25 employees. The Controller will report directly to the CFO and will ultimately be responsible for building and supervising a growing finance department. We need a professional with inherent leadership qualities and the attention to detail necessary to ensure accurate reporting in all areas. The successful applicant will have extensive experience with government contract accounting and experience in public accounting as well.
- Coordinate audits (Financial and Government)
- Manages all accounting operations including revenue recognition, A/R, A/P, GL, Credit and Collections, Payroll, 401k plans, workers compensation, Cost Accounting, and Inventory
- Oversee budgeting, forecasting, and other financial functions
- Manage sales tax compliance
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Lead month/year-end financial close and prepare GAAP based monthly/yearly reporting and financial analysis
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Analyze contracts and recognize revenue in accordance with ASC 606 to include establishment and maintenance of estimate to complete models
- Maintains a strong environment of internal controls
- Monitors spending and works with department managers to control costs
- Researches and provides detail on expense variances
- Provides financial analysis related to capital projects, cost reduction, and other initiatives as required
- Prepare financial presentations for leadership
- Research technical tax, audit, and accounting/cost issues for compliance
None immediately, but will ultimately be responsible for managing the growing accounting department.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are somewhat flexible but primarily cover Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties and deadlines demand.
This position requires minimal travel.
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in accounting. Masters is a plus.
- CPA certification or CPA candidate is a plus
- 8+ years in accounting (at least 4 years in Public Accounting Firm preferred)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance from the US Government
- Must be familiar with all major contract types (FFP, T&M, Cost-Plus)
- Experience with developing, monitoring and projecting FAR compliant indirect rates
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- QuickBooks proficiency
- Experience using an ERP system. Experience implementing an ERP system is a plus.
- Strong understanding of FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulation) as related to finance functions.
- Experience leading audits (Financial and DCAA)
- Absolute commitment to high ethics and integrity
- Ability to manage their own time to meet project requirements timely
- Interpersonal skills to be able to effectively work across multiple levels of management
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US security clearance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.