- Herndon, VA 20170, USA
Fenix Group is a Systems Integrator focused on battlefield technologies. Our mission is to reduce risk and cost to the warfighter by enabling battlefield intelligence at the edge, increasing soldier lethality and allowing smaller teams to control larger areas. Our experience in deploying specialized austere environment communications systems to enable a "Battlefield of Things" (TM) allows us to connect drones, augmented reality enabled battlefield robots, loitering munitions, and other sensor ecosystem end points to enable US military and first responders with at-the-edge intelligence.
This position requires a Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI and Full Scope Polygraph.
System Engineer must maintain a strong awareness of technical trends in information technology, develop and maintain a strong awareness of on-going IT projects, and business unit requirements; be able to apply the Sponsor’s project management model for development efforts; and provide analysis, design, development, deployment, and lifecycle support for innovative hardware/software/ network systems and applications. Work involves developing and supporting end-to-end technical and cost analysis for projects; ensure systems being developed comply with the enterprise technical architecture; help project and program teams prepare for project control gates; and keep senior management apprised of project or program status. Immediate response may be required to restore or maintain system functionality. Systems Engineer must possess Local Area Network (LAN) skills; ability to build servers, understand certificate authorities and integrate customer systems into enterprise.
OCONUS: Yes, up to 10% OCONUS travel, including hazard areas as required.**
CONUS: Yes, up to 10% CONUS travel, as required. **
** Travel requirements/amount and duration are subject to the needs of the Customer and may be more or less than what is listed.
- TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph Clearance
- Strong background in Microsoft Systems Engineering and providing support to those systems.
- Strong recent experience in Windows platform operating system and Microsoft applications including
- Windows 10 and Server 2012 / 2016 suite.
- Strong knowledge of virtualization products with a focus on Hyper-V.
- Email architecture, design and implementation experience include Lotus Notes / Domino and Microsoft
- Outlook / Exchange.
- Proficiency in scripting languages with a focus on PowerShell.
- Experience with McAfee product suite.
- Demonstrated strong performance as a Systems Engineer / Architect, developing or implementing
- information systems with a broad experience base across the entire project lifecycle.
- Demonstrated strong performance as a technical leader working in a multi-contractor, on-site and virtual environment
- Excellent presentation preparation, briefing skills and project management experience
- Demonstrated capacity to understand and communicate technical ideas, concepts, and thoughts across multiple technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work in fast pace, high pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
- Technical Certifications: MCSE and/or CCIE
- Working knowledge of VMWare and ESXi.
- Previous experience with storage devices including NetApp.
- Working knowledge CSFC technologies and methodologies
- Current experience in the Sponsor’s classified and unclassified distributed work environment
- architectures and systems.
- Secure remote mobile computing.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Weapons Certification: Not required for hire but must be willing and capable of becoming certified.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.