LTE Network Engineer
- Chantilly, VA, USA
Fenix Group is a Systems Integrator focused on battlefield technologies. Our mission is to reduce risk and cost to the warfighter by enabling battlefield intelligence at the edge, increasing soldier lethality and allowing smaller teams to control larger areas. Our experience in deploying specialized austere environment communications systems to enable a "Battlefield of Things" (TM) allows us to connect drones, augmented reality enabled battlefield robots, loitering munitions, and other sensor ecosystem end points to enable US military and first responders with at-the-edge intelligence.
- As part of a cross-functional integrated team, the ideal candidate will participate in and lead aspects of the definition, testing, and delivery of 4G/5G cellular systems.
- Work with development and operations teams to define ongoing mobile capability improvements including implementation and validation.
- Ensure the cell site is connected to the network and integrated to become a functional part of a cellular network
- Ensure any new hardware is connected to the network and integrated into the cell site
- Seamless end-to-end 4G/5G LTE cell site network support
- Technical writing skills required to create cellular’s specific commissioning, integration and 4G/5G LTE cell site network procedures
- Single point-of-contact for mobile issues
- Technical writing skills required to create network deployment plans for feature activations and integration testing
- Debugs issues and assist in determination of resolution to issues discovered during network testing.
- Provide input for improvements in network functionality and maintenance procedures.
- Analyze and recommend test equipment, test methods to validate essential requirements, and interface proactively and effectively within Fenix Group and with customers as related to testing activities.
- Working knowledge of network test equipment
- Performing test execution and troubleshooting network issues in a lab setting or in the field.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Capable of conducting onsite and offsite installation and maintenance of LTE equipment in a field environment
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel may be required up to 25% of the time.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field. Coursework focus in telecommunications related areas desirable.
- 3-7 years of experience in telecommunications, preferably in a mobile operator environment or working with a mobile network equipment vendor
- Proficient with Internet Protocol (IP) networking
- Proficient with measurement tools such as Nemo Handy, Nemo Outdoor, and similar
- Protocol analyzer tools such as Wireshark, tcpdump, and similar
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, MS Windows products and databases
- Experience integrating and troubleshoot all components of Wireless and Fixed network
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or telecommunications related field
- 10+ years of previous experience working for a company within the industry or from a similar business
- 10+ years of previous experience in network support for mobile LTE networks
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
· Must be a U.S. citizen
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
· Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.