- Chantilly, VA, USA
Fenix Group is a Systems Integrator focused on battlefield technologies. Our mission is to reduce risk and cost to the warfighter by enabling battlefield intelligence at the edge, increasing soldier lethality and allowing smaller teams to control larger areas. Our experience in deploying specialized austere environment communications systems to enable a "Battlefield of Things" (TM) allows us to connect drones, augmented reality enabled battlefield robots, loitering munitions, and other sensor ecosystem end points to enable US military and first responders with at-the-edge intelligence.
The Program Manager will organize, manage, and plan complex projects for the organizations research, development, and product implementation efforts.
· Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion for complex discrete programs.
· Directs and drive research and development projects through all lifecycle phases.
· Command of all aspects of project planning, monitoring, and control, including Earned Value Management
· Leads an interdepartmental team to complete an assigned project on time, to specifications, and with accuracy and efficiency.
· Outlines the tasks involved in the project and delegates accordingly.
· Conducts cost analysis, estimating expected costs for the project.
· Prepares and implements a budget based on estimates.
· Conducts risk assessments; reports identified risks to management; provides recommendations for mitigation of risk (including termination of the project if appropriate).
· Addresses questions, concerns, and/or complaints throughout the project.
· Acts as a liaison between company, customers, and vendors.
· Communicates and collaborates with sales and marketing teams to provide training and information required to promote and sell new projects, programs, and systems.
· Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, industry, contractual, and company regulations, standards, specifications, and best practices.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position is responsible for the personnel and performance management criteria for all individuals assigned to the project.
Delegates work and assignments to team members based on expertise, work experience, and time constraints.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Typical office environment – accommodations will be evaluated where needed
Physical Demands – may require participation in field trials that would go beyond normal office environment demands
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily locally during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business, Program Management, Sciences, or Other Related Program Field Required. Advanced Degree (MBA/PhD) preferred.
· PMP, PgMP, CAPM, and/or comparable project management certifications highly desirable.
· Minimum 3 (3) years of leadership managing technical programs.
· Exceptional project management skills required: demonstrated verbal, written and presentation capabilities; sound reasoning and decision-making ability; and strong analytical problem-solving ability.
· Experience in cross-functional team leadership and business management required.
· Advanced knowledge and use of business concepts and accounting principles associated with the program cost and budgetary planning/control required. Demonstrated experience with advanced analytical and problem solving skills a plus.
· Experience in data interpretation to improve business intelligence that can be represented in a dashboard framework desired. Ability to perform complex data analysis on large volumes of data and present findings to program team stakeholders desired.
· Strong knowledge of design, development, and integration experience utilizing systems engineering approaches and experience desired.
· Subject matter expert in standard PM processes with in-depth knowledge of assessment methods, architecture, and work flow analysis and project execution optimization techniques.
· Must be able to effectively interface with engineering, manufacturing, contract, procurement, quality, administrative and management personnel. Inclusive management style: able to lead and motivate team members and be comfortable with raising issues in a timely manner.
· Excellent interpersonal and interaction skills to include communications, presentation and conflict resolution required.
· Must have proficient computer skills, particularly in the use of Microsoft Office and Project
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Must be a US citizen and able to obtain a secret security clearance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.