Regional Sales Manager (West)
- n/a, Los Angeles or San Francisco, CA, United States
For over 45 years, Feizy has defined industry standards for quality hand-knotted, hand-tufted and power-loomed rugs, providing luxury at any price. Embracing a family tradition of four generations, Feizy Rugs brings beauty to interior designs by building on the exceptional quality standards establishing in 1973 by company founder and CEO, John Feizy.
Our Regional Sales Manager (RSM) for the West is based in either Los Angeles or San Francisco and is a visionary leader with strong selling and coaching skills, a passion for excellence, sense of possibility and drive for results.
Continuously develops and implements top tier sales strategies. Leads a regional sales team of independent sales representatives (ISRs) and is instrumental in developing regional key accounts’ traditional brick and mortar and ecomm platforms. Effectively manages the business utilizing sales tools such as website adoption, and develops event plans for tradeshows and markets with the ultimate goal of creating excitement for our products among our current and future account base. Energetically and passionately mentors the regional sales team to approach their work with a winning team concept, negotiates obstacles diplomatically and puts the needs of the organization ahead of personal preferences.
You'll be excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Recruit, onboard, conduct team building and coach ongoing sales activity with ISRs.
- Assist ISRs with special discount requests and process associated paperwork (e.g. Dealer Discount Requests and Return Authorizations), fostering them through the system to complete the requests.
- Provide training and coaching to the sales team and customers in the areas of: product knowledge, merchandising, competitive selling, product applications, demonstration techniques, etc.
- Assist the sales team with dealer launches.
- Use work flow tools (e.g. SmartSheets) to request marketing materials for dealers like mini books and other related marketing materials and activities.
- Attend RSM sales meetings in Dallas as needed.
- Interface with the Client Services Group to ensure the orders are processed in a timely basis.
- Assist Customers and Customer Service with order management issues to ensure that customers are being attended too in a timely manner.
- Attend four main markets and meet with customers and prospects-- two markets in Las Vegas, NV and two in High Point, NC.
- Randomly attend other customer events and trade shows throughout the year as needed.
- Conduct a quarterly sales review with the sales team and set goals for next 90-days.
- Track ISR sales to quota.
- Research and understand the competition to assist Sales team to be successful in competitive situations.
- Interface with the Feizy internal support teams to foster communication and assist customers and Reps.
- Conduct market research and analysis in regards to trends in furniture/flooring and designer market segments.
- Call on and close larger regional multistore furniture and flooring dealers to carry the Feizy brand.
- Understand product mix construction and styling to be able to assist reps and customers with selections.
- Understand our brand and assist the sales team to be successful in selling the Feizy brand.
- Assist the sales team with selling One-of-a-Kinds.
- Communicate programs/directives to the sales team.
- Work with Dealers and Accounting to manage outstanding consignment inventories.
- Present a professional image and demeanor to customers, conducting yourself in a professional, ethical manner and in accordance with company policies.
- Manage an annual sales and expense budget for your assigned area.
We're excited about you because you have...
- Bachelor's degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or a related field.
- Solid understanding of customer service/sales support systems and functions, including order management.
- 5+ years of proven success in district or regional sales role.
- 3+ years or more experience in supervising and managing a sales team’s performance.
- Strong computer skills in Word and Excel.
- Experience in using an order management system, including EDI and portal orders; knowledge of SPARS is a plus!
- Excellent interpersonal skills, serving as a resource to the sales team and customers.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent math and analytical skills, with a knack for numbers.
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- A servant leader mindset.
- The ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- A problem-solving attitude.
- Proficiency in speaking English.
You’ll love working here because we...
- Are a successful, fast-growing company with a start-up work vibe.
- Offer competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits.
- Are passionate about our employees, products and customers.
- Have a leadership team that wants to do the right thing and is open to new ideas.
Work Schedule for this position is typically Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 6:00pm. Schedule and hours may vary based on market attendance, sales appointments and travel.
- 2 weeks of paid time off
- Medical benefits including health, dental and vision
- 401k retirement program
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.