Director of Engineering
- 150 Greenwich St, New York, NY 10006, USA
Farther is a first-of-its-kind modern wealth management platform designed for rising professionals who are beginning to build significant wealth and need a more holistic approach to managing their money. This next generation of wealth builders is trapped between do-it-yourself solutions and expensive wealth management providers that are becoming increasingly inaccessible. We overcome those challenges by combining personalized advice with powerful technology to help overloaded professionals organize their financial lives and get their money working for them.
Farther’s executive team includes leaders and innovators from the private wealth industry who possess a unique mix of traditional wealth management, fintech, and technology production expertise.
Who you are: You’re an engineering manager who’s looking to Go Farther in your career.
- You want to help build a world class engineering team which works across customer facing apps, data science platforms, and internal platforms
- You are committed to excellence in software production at every level from code architecture to devops and application deployment
- You aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty building systems and solving problems and aren’t so far removed from getting your hands dirty that you’ve forgotten how to
- You want to lead and coach junior developers on how to become the best engineers they can be – producing and continuously deploying gloriously flexible, well-instrumented code into cutting edge architectures so Farther can deliver the industries best experience for clients (customers).
- You thrive in the fast-paced environment of a rapidly growing company
- You want to join a team of finance industry veterans to build a modern, technology-driven, premier financial experience for our clients
- Head up our efforts to build world class tech ops to enable rapid software development which, in turn, enables unmatched experience for our clients (customers)
- Work with our CTO to design and implement a cutting edge fault tolerant infrastructure to enable unmatched client (customer) experience, proprietary data science platforms, and proprietary internal client service platforms
- Hire, develop, and continually coach engineers so they know, meet, and exceed the standards you set for the company
- Experience managing and coaching engineers to produce outstanding software
- Exhibited diverse experience throughout your career from writing and deploying code yourself to managing software deployments from end-to-end
- A voracious appetite for learning and demonstrated ability to rapidly and effectively learn new systems
- Background in consumer-facing applications (mobile and web)
- Familiarity with and experience operating in the AWS ecosystem
- Experience in fintech or financial services
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.