Full Stack Developer
- 315 W 36th St, New York, NY 10018, USA
Farther Finance is modern wealth management. We are bringing the level of service and the experience of a Private Bank to an underserved part of the market by using a hybrid approach with an emphasis on technology and analytics. It’s trusted advice meets modern technology.
Farther’s Founders are leaders and innovators from the private wealth industry and possess a unique mix of traditional wealth management, fintech, and technology production expertise.
As a client-facing developer you will assist the Founders in building and launching the core platform with an emphasis on client-facing applications (mobile and web).
*Note that this is not a Hacker News horror story where the founders are non-technical industry experts who have no understanding of what can be accomplished with technology or have never had significant leadership experience. The founders are industry leaders, have built enterprise platforms within large financial institutions, and have fintech experience working with product and dev teams.
- You are a talented full stack developer with mobile dev experience who is looking to take a growth step in your career.
- You are 2-10 years into your career as an individual contributor and are looking to break out and get on the path to ownership of development of a product.
You want to eventually be a VP of Engineering or start your own company, but want a guided learning step in between.
- You have the desire and ability to take ownership of your work, propose solutions to problems, refine with feedback, then execute.
- You want to join dynamic private wealth industry veterans in the complex work of remaking the private wealth and personal finance industries.
- You want to work on a team with a strong sense of responsibility for facilitating consistent career growth.
- You have discretion and accept that building solutions to manage people’s personal wealth requires a heightened sense of responsibility and prudence compared to other industries.
- You believe in the power of disciplined processes in software production and in solving problems well the first time and only doing it once.
- 2-10 years full stack engineering experience
- Thrive pushing high quality product in a fast-paced, ever-changing startup environment
- Solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, software design
- High level of proficiency with front-end technologies including JS (Libraries: React, React-Native), HTML, CSS
- Experience with database systems including MySQL/PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB
- Experience in mobile native languages (Swift, Objective-C, Java) and/or Python
- Experience with popular analytics services like Google Analytics
- Experience with AWS (EC2, S3, RDS)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.