Farmers Agent: Agency Owner
- Farmington Hills, MI
About us: Founded in 1928, Farmer's Group, Inc. has grown into the country's third largest home and auto insurance carrier as well as a top specialty product carrier in the United States! Recognized by Corporate Exchange USA & Training Magazine as the #1 Corporate Training Program in America, we're proud to produce some of the finest Agents in the industry.
Key Job Duties:
The primary responsibility of the position is to drive and grow new business revenue. You'll manage client relationships to ensure that your clients' needs and requirements are met. This will require you to serve as their advocate within Farmers to provide them with a comprehensive portfolio of solutions and options. Other exciting and fulfilling responsibilities include:
- Developing base for long-term sources of clients by using our proven marketing systems, referrals, occupational, and special-interest groups to compile lists of prospects.
- Determining clients' particular needs and financial situations by scheduling fact-finding appointments; determining extent of present coverage and investments; ascertaining long-term goals.
- Developing a coordinated protection plan by calculating and quoting rates for immediate coverage action and long-term strategy implementation.
- Enhancing agency reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Looking for opportunities to develop monetizable solutions for clients, and insuring clients receive superior customer service
- Staying abreast of the most current products and services offered by Farmers as well as industry regulations and news
Perks We Offer:
We understand that excellent representatives need excellent rewards, so our company is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
- Financial support program that promotes stability and security while you are growing your career
- Flexible training program that is complimentary to your current work and/or personal schedule
- Work/life balance that allows you to enjoy the things you love doing most while making a positive impact in the community.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance plans available
- Retirement plan options
- Career security and stability – our company has been flourishing for over 85 years
- Initial and ongoing training and support – our company offers a top rated and award winning training program that addresses the personal growth needs in different stages of your career
- Exciting bonuses, awards/recognition, and trips
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- At least one year of sales, account management, business development, and/or marketing experience is preferred
- Experience in owning or managing a business is a plus
- Strong track record of growing revenue and increasing the bottom line
- Goal-oriented, and thrives in a reward-based atmosphere.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, as well as positive interpersonal skills
- Optimistic attitude demonstrating positivity, enthusiasm, self-motivation, and exceptional work ethic.
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to submit to and pass a motor vehicle, financial/credit, and criminal background check
- Has reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Conducts themselves with the utmost professionalism and represents the company in a positive light
- Ethical in dealings with clients, co-workers, and members of the community.
At this time, we are only considering local candidates who currently reside in Michigan. If you are living out of state but are planning on relocating, please contact a local Farmers Insurance District Office in your state to begin the selection/interview process.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.