Embedded Robotic Software Engineer
- 1155 Indiana St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
FarmWise's mission is to work with and for growers to help them move away from chemical-based processes and face the labor crisis that is transforming the face of agriculture in most of the developed world. FarmWise is building a new type of agricultural machines that are designed from the ground up to perform processes on each plant individually and work with minimal human supervision. In partnership with some of the largest vegetable growers in California, they are starting with a mechanical weeding robot which drives itself throughout the field, distinguishes weeds among many varieties of different crops and cut them out using knives in the ground. After raising more than $6m in private funding at the end of 2017, this team of Stanford, Columbia and MIT alumni are deploying their first set of machines in California in summer 2018. FarmWise is looking to onboard growers, engineers, investors and advisors passionate about making farming more sustainable and more profitable through state-of-the-art robotics technologies.
As a key member of the engineering team you will work on:
- low-level robotic components of the system,
- developing real-time environments for time-sensitive actions,
- integrating actuators and sensors with our ROS ecosystem,
- transcribing system-level commands into low-level commands to the actuators, debugging hardware issues
- validating system performance
Beyond this set of responsibilities, you will be exposed to a broad variety of other challenges as they arise and you will need to discuss, brainstorm and work closely with hardware engineers, AI engineers and system engineers.
We get excited about self-starter and hard-working candidates who have:
- A BS or MS in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related fields,
- 4+ years of practical experience in writing robust, production-ready, clearly-written, reusable, and well-tested code,
- Proficiency in C and C++, strong background in object-oriented programming and system architecture
- Experience working with, and debugging, physical hardware, actuators, and sensors (LIDAR, SONAR, IMU, GPS device…)
- Fluency with Linux development environments,
- Experience with real-time operating systems, interrupts, and schedulers,
- Experience with embedded systems and microcontrollers
- Familiarity with ROS is a plus
- Experience designing custom boards is a plus
Working at FarmWise is much more than the benefits program. You will find here great work environment as well as exciting and stimulating engineering challenges. You will work on a state-of-the-art technology that we believe will change food production forever!
As part of our team you will:
- Enjoy excellent benefits, including equity in the company, health insurance, a 401k match program and paid lunch every day
- Evolve in a very fast-paced engineering environment with short development cycles.
- Be able to shape a revolutionary product in its early days.
- Get ideas, feedback, suggestions, and critics from other best-in-their-field engineers.
Join us in our journey to improve farming with AI and automation, and to help farmers grow better and healthier food with constantly decreasing inputs!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.