Deployed Robotics Software Engineer - Intern
- 1155 Indiana St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
FarmWise is an early-stage technology start-up building autonomous robots for agriculture to address the growing demand for chemical-free food and the recent drop in farm labor supply. We are a team of AI, software and mechanical engineers from Stanford University, Columbia, Cal Poly and MIT working together in a state-of-the-art solution for farming.
We are currently developing the core technologies in vision, autonomy, communication and mechanics.
Farmwise is looking for a deployed software engineer intern to work on the first deployment cycle of its autonomous farming machine. The intern will split her/his time between a research project that will impact the long-term autonomy of the robot and a hands-on deployment responsibility (report bugs and misbehavior of the robot, do real-time adjustments and debug on the core code base and making sure the deployment in farms is a success).
The intern will be located in San Francisco for 3 weeks (research projet and training) and in Salinas for 1 week (deployment) alternatively.
We get excited about self-starter and hard-working candidates who have:
- a BS or MS in Robotics, Computer Science or related field from a top-tier university.
- a working knowledge of standard software engineering practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, version control (Git)
- hands-on experience with software development and testing on robots (ROS preferred).
- proficiency in Python
- experience working with and debugging physical hardware, actuators, and sensors such as cameras
- fluency with Linux development environments,
- passion for real-life robotic testing and outdoor activities
Working at FarmWise is much more than the benefits program. You will find here great work environment as well as exciting and stimulating engineering challenges. You will work on a state-of-the-art technology that we believe will change food production forever!
As part of our team you will:
Evolve in a very fast-paced engineering environment with short development cycles.
Be able to shape a revolutionary product in its early days.
Get ideas, feedback, suggestions, and critics from other best-in-their-field engineers.
Join us on our journey to improve farming with AI and automation, and to help farmers grow better and healthier food with constantly decreasing inputs!
This position will be mostly be based in San Francisco, Salinas and Santa Maria. Accommodation will be provided Salinas and Santa Maria locations.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.