Head of Farming Operations
- 1155 Indiana St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
FarmWise is an early-stage technology start-up building autonomous robots for agriculture to address the growing demand for chemical-free food and the recent drop in farm labor supply. We are a team of AI, software and mechanical engineers from Stanford University, Columbia, Cal Poly and MIT working together in a state-of-the-art solution for farming. We are working closely with farming partners to developped a totally new kind of agricultural machinery.
As Head of Farming Operations, you’ll manage all things construction as we prepare to deploy our robots. You’ll be responsible for building relationships with potential customers, hiring a team of operators/construction technicians, bidding on jobs and ensuring the work reaches the highest degree of integration in the farm workflow. We are looking for someone with hands-on experience with farming, as well as experience building teams and dealing with farming personnels and decision makes. You’ll be advising the CEO on technology in the industry and helping to refine our strategic plan over the next year.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Engineering, Farming, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in farming operations, preferably as Head or VP of operations
- 5+ years of experience managing people on farms
- Ability to interpret technical farming operation plans and specifications
- Experience operating and managing operations of agricultural machinery
- Technical proficiency with complex spreadsheets and financial modeling
- Free catered lunch every day
- 100% employer-sponsored health insurance
- A dynamic and ambitious work environement
More importantly you will work on a state-of-the-art technology that we believe will change food production forever!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.