Farming Operations Manager
- 1155 Indiana St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
FarmWise is an early-stage technology start-up building autonomous robots for agriculture to address the growing demand for chemical-free food and the recent drop in farm labor supply. We are a team of AI, software and mechanical engineers from Stanford University, Columbia, Cal Poly and MIT working together in a state-of-the-art solution for farming. We are working closely with farming partners to develop a whole new kind of agricultural machinery.
As the Farming Operations Manager, you will manage everything related to deployment as we prepare to roll out our robots. You will be responsible for building relationships with potential customers, hiring a team of operators/construction technicians and ensuring the work reaches the highest degree of integration in the farm workflow. You will be at the forefront to gather feedback on the machine, and will then advise the CEO and the product management team on refining our short-term and long-term strategic plans
We are looking for someone with hands-on experience with farming, as well as experience building teams and dealing with farming staff and decision makers. We get excited about self-starter and hard-working candidates who have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Engineering, Farming, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in farming operations and managing people on farms
- Experience operating and managing operations of agricultural machinery
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting and fixing mechanical equipment
- Technical proficiency with complex spreadsheets and financial modeling
- Excellent creative thinking and communication skills.
Working at FarmWise is much more than the benefits program. You will find here great work environment as well as exciting and stimulating challenges. You will work on a state-of-the-art technology that we believe will change food production forever!
As part of our team you will:
- enjoy excellent benefits, including equity in the company, a 401k match program and paid lunch every day,
- 100% employer-sponsored health insurance
- A dynamic and ambitious work environment
Join us on our journey to improve farming with AI and automation, and to help farmers grow better and healthier food with constantly decreasing inputs!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.