- 1155 Indiana St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
The $17Bn US vegetable farming industry is facing great economic pressure coming from the growing demand for chemical-free food and the recent drop in farm labor supply. FarmWise is building adaptive autonomous robots to farm every plant, every day, for greater yield, better margins, and a healthier environment. Our first prototype is already weeding California's farms by looking at and acting on each and every plant with a purely organic weeding process, thus providing farmers with a superior alternative to existing methods in the field. Our robots come packed with AI using recent advances in machine learning and computer vision for plant recognition
As we enter our next phase of growth, we’re looking for a dependable and organized Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to all of our leaders. In this high impact and high ownership role, you’ll have the opportunity to architect the world of Executive support at the company. Up for the challenge? Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Managing complicated internal and external meetings and domestic and global travel schedules, reviewing and processing contracts and expenses, and maintaining confidentiality of all work material;
- Resolve administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions;
- Handle confidential and non-routine information and facilitate communication between appropriate departments;
- Conserve the team's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting emails, letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications; and assisting with presentations;
- Maintain confidentiality and protect operations by having high level of discretion;
- Anticipate the needs of our senior leaders. Plan ahead and be resourceful;
- Act as the primary gatekeeper for internal and external individuals on matters pertaining to leader access;
- Be unafraid to offer suggestions and make improvements to processes;
- Prioritize conflicting needs with no guidance and keep leadership informed of short and long-term responsibilities and commitments;
- Complete expense reports and executive requests;
- Work independently on projects from start to finish;
- Observe workplace dynamics and keep leaders updated on what is occurring in the environment;
- Be a role model and provide leadership and inspiration for aspiring administrative staff;
What you’ll need:
- BA / BS degree and 3+ years of Executive support;
- Attention to Detail. Being right the first time matters a lot to us;
- Some experience in recruiting support;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to interact with internal and external partners;
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced time sensitive environment;
- Superior organizational skills and great follow through on tasks;
- Be a problem solver at heart with a genuine interest in learning by helping;
- Hustle. The company depends on us to deliver quickly, across time zones, in multiple languages, and from locations all over the world. We need somebody not to keep the trains running on time, but to speed them up;
- Attitude. We work awfully hard and we’re having a blast doing it. This team believes what we’re doing is changing the world for the better, and we play to win;
- Be an efficient self-starter and decision-maker that can act on instinct ;
- Highly skilled in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as other electronic communications;
- Experience in a start-up environment is a plus;
- Able to travel 10% as needed.
Join us on our journey to improve farming with AI and automation, and to help farmers grow better and healthier food with constantly decreasing inputs!
This position will be mostly be based in San Francisco, Salinas, and Santa Maria. Accommodation will be provided Salinas and Santa Maria locations.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.