- 1155 Indiana St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
The $17Bn US vegetable farming industry is facing great economic pressure coming from the growing demand for chemical-free food and the recent drop in farm labor supply. FarmWise is building adaptive autonomous robots to farm every plant, every day, for greater yield, better margins, and a healthier environment. Our first prototype is already weeding California farms by looking at and acting on each and every plant with a purely organic weeding process, thus providing farmers with a superior alternative to existing methods in the field. Our robots come packed with AI using recent advances in machine learning and computer vision for plant recognition.
FarmWise is looking for a back-end web developer to design and implement the web interface between farmers, our autonomous machines, and our machine learning team. You would be the lead engineer designing and developing the entire platform; therefore you would have ownership of the full project. In particular, you will have the opportunity to:
- participate in all phases of software development including concept, design, prototyping, and production,
- design and implement a scalable infrastructure for storing and querying the data gathered by the machines on the field,
- design, build, and maintain an efficient API that serves the customer-facing frontend (app and web-interface) as well as the robots,
- follow the product from inception to launch, and own large parts of the product's execution,
- collaborate with a team of top AI and mechanical engineers to deliver scalable solutions that have a real impact.
We get excited about self-starter and hard-working candidates who have:
- a BS or MS in Computer Science or related fields,
- 2+ years of experience building successful production software systems,
- hands-on experience with publish/subscribe messaging protocols and message queuing frameworks,
- extensive experience designing database schemas and working with relational or object-relational DBMS such as MySQL or PostgreSQL,
- familiarity with at least one cloud computing platform such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud,
- fluency with Linux development environments,
- a working knowledge of standard software engineering practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, version control (Git), build processes, and testing,
- experience with performance benchmarking and diagnostic tools.
Working at FarmWise is much more than the benefits program. You will find here great work environment as well as exciting and stimulating engineering challenges. You will work on a state-of-the-art technology that we believe will change food production forever!
As part of our team you will:
enjoy excellent benefits, including equity in the company, health insurance, a 401k match program and paid lunch every day,
evolve in a very fast-paced engineering environment with short development cycles,
be able to shape a revolutionary product in its early days,
get ideas, feedback, and suggestions from other top engineers.
Join us on our journey to improve farming with AI and automation, and to help farmers grow better and healthier food with constantly decreasing inputs!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.