Senior Computer Vision Scientist/Engineer
- 1155 Indiana St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
At FarmWise, we are building adaptive autonomous robots to farm every plant, every day for greater yield, better margins, and a healthier environment. The $17Bn US vegetable farming industry is facing great economic pressure coming from the growing demand for chemical-free food and the recent drop in farm labor supply. Farmwise's autonomous robot is the first system capable of looking at each plant individually and tailor its action to their specific needs. By unlocking the potential of each plant, these robots are creating a more productive and more predictable farming paradigm. Our first prototype is already weeding California's farms by looking at and acting on each and every plant with a purely organic weeding process, thus providing farmers with a superior alternative to existing methods in the field.
Farmwise is looking for a Senior Computer Vision scientist or engineer to turn our plant recognition pipeline into an automated solution that would require very little human oversight. As a key member of the Artificial Intelligence team, you will have the opportunity to:
- research, prototype, and implement cutting-edge supervised and unsupervised algorithms for plant detection and recognition,
- assess the performance of your solutions with hours of recorded videos,
- turn prototype algorithms into production code, and see your algorithms performing on the field.
- collaborate with a team of top AI and mechanical engineers to deliver scalable solutions that have a real impact.
We get excited about self-starter and hard-working candidates who have:
- an advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, or Applied Mathematics,
- expertise in at least two of the following fields: unsupervised machine learning, deep learning, machine vision, object detection, optimization, and reinforcement learning,
- the ability to read, understand, and implement research papers,
- experience in writing clean, modular, and long-lasting code,
- knowledge in core Computer Science concepts such as common data structures and algorithms,
- demonstrated proficiency in Python,
- experience with deep learning libraries such as TensorFlow
- a thorough understanding of Git.
Working at FarmWise is much more than the benefits program. You will find here great work environment as well as exciting and stimulating engineering challenges. You will work on a state-of-the-art technology that we believe will change food production forever!
As part of our team you will:
Enjoy excellent benefits, including equity in the company, health insurance, a 401k match program and paid lunch every day
Evolve in a very fast-paced engineering environment with short development cycles.
Be able to shape a revolutionary product in its early days.
Get ideas, feedback, suggestions, and critics from other best-in-their-field engineers.
Join us in our journey to improve farming with AI and automation, and to help farmers grow better and healthier food with constantly decreasing inputs!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.