Deployed Robotic Software Engineer - Intern
- 1155 Indiana St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
The $17Bn US vegetable farming industry is facing great economic pressure coming from the growing demand for chemical-free food and the recent drop in farm labor supply. FarmWise is building adaptive autonomous robots to farm every plant, every day, for greater yield, better margins, and a healthier environment. Our first prototype is already weeding California's farms by looking at and acting on each and every plant with a purely organic weeding process, thus providing farmers with a superior alternative to existing methods in the field. Our robots come packed with AI using recent advances in machine learning and computer vision for plant recognition
Farmwise is looking for a deployed software engineer intern to work on the first deployment cycle of its autonomous farming machine. The intern will assist and then be in charge of operating a 6000 pounds autonomous machine in agricultural fields, report bugs and misbehavior of the robot, do real-time adjustments and debug on the core code base and making sure the deployment in farms is a success. The intern will be appropriately trained for an extensive period of time and work alongside our engineers in a pre-deployment phase.
We get excited about self-starter and hard-working candidates who have:
- a BS or MS in Robotics, Agricultural Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- a working knowledge of standard software engineering practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, version control (Git)
- hands-on experience with software development and testing on robots,
- proficiency in Python
- experience working with and debugging physical hardware, actuators, and sensors such as cameras
- fluency with Linux development environments,
- passion for real-life robotic testing and outdoor activites
Working at FarmWise is much more than the benefits program. You will find here great work environment as well as exciting and stimulating engineering challenges. You will work on a state-of-the-art technology that we believe will change food production forever!
As part of our team you will:
Evolve in a very fast-paced engineering environment with short development cycles.
Be able to shape a revolutionary product in its early days.
Get ideas, feedback, suggestions, and critics from other best-in-their-field engineers.
Join us on our journey to improve farming with AI and automation, and to help farmers grow better and healthier food with constantly decreasing inputs!
This position will be mostly be based in San Francisco, Salinas and Santa Maria. Accommodation will be provided Salinas and Santa Maria locations.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.