Robotic Software Engineer
- 1155 Indiana St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
The $17Bn US vegetable farming industry is facing great economic pressure coming from the growing demand for chemical-free food and the recent drop in farm labor supply. FarmWise is building adaptive autonomous robots to farm every plant, every day, for greater yield, better margins, and a healthier environment. Our first prototype is already weeding California's farms by looking at and acting on each and every plant with a purely organic weeding process, thus providing farmers with a superior alternative to existing methods in the field. Our robots come packed with AI using recent advances in machine learning and computer vision for plant recognition
Farmwise is looking for a robotics software engineer to build upon, improve, and maintain our existing ROS ecosystem. As a key member of the software development team, you will have the opportunity to:
- participate in all phases of software development including concept, design, prototyping, and production,
- integrate actuators and sensors, including writing drivers, debugging hardware issues, validating system performance, and developing hardware diagnostic tests,
- integrate and test software solutions in a simulation environment and on the robots,
- take part in the development of a simulation environment for our robotic system,
- collaborate with a team of top AI and mechanical engineers to deliver scalable solutions that have a real impact.
We get excited about self-starter and hard-working candidates who have:
- a BS or MS in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related fields,
- 3+ years of practical experience in writing robust, production-ready, clearly-written, reusable, and well-tested code,
- a working knowledge of standard software engineering practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, version control (Git), build processes, and testing,
- hands-on experience with software development and testing on robots,
- a thorough understanding of ROS,
- proficiency in Python and C++,
- experience working with and debugging physical hardware, actuators, and sensors such as cameras, LIDARs, SONARs, IMUs and GPS,
- a strong background in object-oriented programming and system architecture,
- fluency with Linux development environments,
- experience implementing one or more of the following types of systems/algorithms: planning, simulators, control, calibration, navigation, or localization,
- experience with real-time operating systems, interrupts, and schedulers,
- experience with embedded systems (microcontrollers mostly, PLCs would be a plus).
Working at FarmWise is much more than the benefits program. You will find here great work environment as well as exciting and stimulating engineering challenges. You will work on a state-of-the-art technology that we believe will change food production forever!
As part of our team you will:
Enjoy excellent benefits, including equity in the company, health insurance, a 401k match program and paid lunch every day
Evolve in a very fast-paced engineering environment with short development cycles.
Be able to shape a revolutionary product in its early days.
Get ideas, feedback, suggestions, and critics from other best-in-their-field engineers.
Join us on our journey to improve farming with AI and automation, and to help farmers grow better and healthier food with constantly decreasing inputs!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.