- 1005 Lake Shore Blvd E, Toronto, ON M4M 1B4, Canada
- Location: Leslieville
- Department: Administration
At Farm Boy, it is our mission to create a fun, fresh experience for all! Whether you are a team member or a customer, Farm Boy is passionate about creating a unique fresh food shopping experience and ensuring that we deliver on our commitments.
As we continue to grow within Ontario, Farm Boy is excited to welcome new team members that share our passion for providing the best fresh shopping experience!
This position is responsible for the receiving and storing of incoming products, monitoring the proper receipt and rotation of stock and for maintaining the conditions of the receiving, storage and cooler facilities. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality service approach to all customers, employees and suppliers. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Farm Boy Way.
- Receive and unload all deliveries from suppliers and distribute to appropriate departments and/or coolers.
- Ensure accuracy of all deliveries and that all products are of high quality and report any discrepancies/issues to the management team.
- Keep the work, storage and store areas clean and safe at all times by performing general “housekeeping” as required, including sweeping, mopping and equipment maintenance.
- Comply with all corporate policies, especially as they relate to Health and Safety, Food Safety and equipment use.
- Utilizing Farm Boy Service Standards, ensure that all suppliers and drivers are treated in a reasonable and fair fashion.
- Handle merchandise returns (including skids and bins) as required.
- May be requested to undertake other related duties on a periodic basis.
- Superior customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Typically requires up to 6 months of experience in a related position, preferably working with perishable goods.
- Ability to work with little supervision with a high standard for quality, attention to detail and cleanliness.
- Ability to work in a team environment with clear and effective communication style both, written and oral.
- Ability to operate a lift truck and knowledge of receiving/cooler facilities and equipment.
- Fluency in both official languages shall be considered an asset.
Work & Sensory Environment:
- Unavoidable exposure to dangerous or unpleasant environmental elements such as noise, dirt, dust, vibration and extreme temperatures
- Prolonged exposure to cool, damp working conditions
- Providing service to several people or departments, working under many simultaneous deadlines
- May be required to wear cumbersome protective clothing or equipment
- Required to lift, carry or handle heavy objects weighing up to 80 pounds
- Must be capable of climbing, reaching, lifting, twisting and bending for prolonged periods of time
- Required to adapt to temperature changes (working on the receiving floor as well as in coolers and freezers)
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.