Assistant Service Manager
- 2441 Lakeshore Rd W, Oakville, ON L6L 5V5, Canada
- Location: Southwest Ontario Region
- Department: Service
- Availability: Open
At Farm Boy, it is our mission to create a fun, fresh experience for all! Whether you are a team member or a customer, Farm Boy is passionate about creating a unique fresh food shopping experience and ensuring that we deliver on our commitments.
As we continue to grow within Ontario, Farm Boy is excited to welcome new team members that share our passion for providing the best fresh shopping experience!
This position is responsible for assisting the Service Department Manager in the achievement of company, store and department goals as communicated by the Store Manager and Department Manager. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality service approach to all employees, customers and suppliers. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Farm Boy Way.
- Provide superior customer service and support Farm Boy’s vision of the best fresh shopping experience.
- Assist in the development of the team by supporting the training, coaching and recognition while maintaining a high level of confidentiality and trust.
- Effectively communicate product information (codes) and corporate policies and procedures to the service team.
- Safeguard Farm Boy’s financial information through document maintenance and retention and preserve the integrity of individual front-end staff (e.g. oversee refunds, cashiers’ over/short reports, audit floats).
- Floor support and supervision, including serving customers on cash, cart retrieval, overrides, breaks and general department cleanliness.
- Support office management (e.g. completing inventory, orders, scheduling, payroll).
- May be requested to undertake other related duties on a periodic basis.
- Typically requires completion of a post-secondary program with an emphasis in business, plus a minimum of 1 year of progressively responsible supervisory or management experience in a similar role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful completion of Smart Serve or a willingness to complete within 6 months.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, mathematical and analytical skills.
- Clear and effective communication style, both written and oral.
- Good judgment and decision-making abilities while communicating with customers and Farm Boy team members.
- Ability to learn manual and automated systems/tools.
- Skilled at working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining priorities and a high level of performance.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Fluency in English and French shall be considered an asset.
Work & Sensory Environment:
- Providing service to several people or departments, working under many simultaneous deadlines.
- Required to stand and walk for long periods of time during shift.
- Required to lift, carry or handle heavy objects.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.