Assistant Chef Manager
- 417 King St N, Waterloo, ON N2J 2Z5, Canada
- Location: King Weber
- Department: Chef
- Availability: Open
At Farm Boy, it is our mission to create a fun, fresh experience for all! Whether you are a team member or a customer, Farm Boy is passionate about creating a unique fresh food shopping experience and ensuring that we deliver on our commitments.
As we continue to grow within Ontario, Farm Boy is excited to welcome new team members that share our passion for providing the best fresh shopping experience!
This position is responsible for assisting the Department Manager in the achievement of company, store and department goals as communicated by the Store Manager and Department Manager. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality service approach to all employees, customers and suppliers. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Farm Boy Way.
- Provide superior customer service and support Farm Boy’s vision of the best fresh shopping experience.
- Assist in the development of the team by supporting the training, coaching and recognition while maintaining a high level of confidentiality and trust.
- Effectively communicate and support the team with huddles, product knowledge, corporate policies and procedures and Health and Safety.
- Floor support and supervision, including serving customers, merchandising and rotation, breaks and general department cleanliness.
- Support office management (e.g. completing inventory and orders, invoices, scheduling, payroll).
- May be requested to undertake other related duties on a periodic basis
- Typically requires completion of a post-secondary program with an emphasis in business, plus a minimum of 1 year of progressively responsible supervisory or management experience in a similar role or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Clear and effective communication style, both written and oral.
- Good judgment and decision-making abilities while communicating with customers and Farm Boy team members.
- Ability to learn manual and automated systems/tools.
- Skilled at working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining priorities and a high level of performance.
- Flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Fluency in English and French shall be considered an asset.
Work & Sensory Environment:
- Providing service to several people or departments, working under many simultaneous deadlines.
- Required to stand and walk for long periods of time during shift.
- Required to lift, carry or handle heavy objects.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.