- 1427 Ogilvie Rd, Gloucester, ON K1J 8M7, Canada
- Location: Home Office
At Farm Boy, it is our mission to create a fun, fresh experience for all! Whether you are a team member or a customer, Farm Boy is passionate about creating a unique fresh food shopping experience and ensuring that we deliver on our commitments.
As we continue to grow within Ontario, Farm Boy is excited to welcome new team members that share our passion for providing the best fresh shopping experience!
Reporting to the Controller, this position is responsible for performing various accounting duties for the Home Office/Distribution Centre Finance teams. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality service approach to all employees, customers and suppliers. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Farm Boy Way.
- Provide data entry support to the Finance Department and assist with filing as required.
- Responsible for accurate Accounts Payable processing from invoice to payment.
- Responsible for Inventory Control/Balancing and preparation of all journal entries.
- Prepare and process General Ledger entries and ensure entries are accurate.
- Responsible for processing Enterprise Resource Planning.
- May be required to undertake other related duties on a periodic basis
- Typically requires completion of a 2 - 3 year post-secondary business administration program with an emphasis in Accounting, plus 1 to 2 years of experience in accounts payable or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work in a high volume, tight deadline environment, excellent organizational skills and time management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter with strong organizational skills and proven problem-solving abilities.
- Must be able to work on Statutory Holidays and weekends.
- Proficiency with Excel/Database and knowledge of AccPac or ERP software.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and computer skills.
- Retail experience would be an asset.
- Ability to travel and access to own transportation and valid driver’s license.
Work & Sensory Environment:
- Stress from open office noise.
- Sitting for long periods of time at workstations (e.g. while keyboarding).
- Lack of control over pace due to multiple and/or tight deadlines beyond one’s control.
- Exposure to eye strain from computer terminals.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.