- 1907 Ironoak Wy, Oakville, ON L6H 0N1, Canada
- Location: Oakwoods
- Department: Chef
- Availability: Open
At Farm Boy, it is our mission to create a fun, fresh experience for all! Whether you are a team member or a customer, Farm Boy is passionate about creating a unique fresh food shopping experience and ensuring that we deliver on our commitments.
As we continue to grow within Ontario, Farm Boy is excited to welcome new team members that share our passion for providing the best fresh shopping experience!
The position is responsible for contributing to the coordinated efforts of preparing and presenting a high-quality shopping experience to all Farm Boy customers. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality service approach to all customers, employees and suppliers. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Farm Boy Way.
- Provide superior customer service and support Farm Boy’s vision of the best fresh shopping experience.
- Have a passion for food and knowledgeably handle all customer questions or comments confidently.
- Utilizing Farm Boy Service Standards, welcome, greet and offer customer assistance as required.
- Comply with all corporate policies and Government regulations especially as they relate to Health & Safety, Food Safety and HACCP.
- Prepare, package, price and rotate food products in accordance with established quality standards and ensure they are attractively displayed with correct signage.
- Keep the work, storage and store areas clean and safe at all times by performing general “housekeeping” as required, including sweeping, mopping and dishwashing.
- Perform designated opening and closing procedures and provide assistance for additional departmental tasks. (e.g. supply and product inventory, orders and temperature logs).
- May be requested to undertake other related duties on a periodic basis.
- Superior customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Typically requires completion of a post-secondary program with an emphasis in culinary arts, plus up to 1 year experience in a culinary/food environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work with little supervision with a high standard for quality, attention to detail and cleanliness.
- Ability to work in a team environment with clear and effective communication style, both written and oral.
- Flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Fluency in English and French shall be considered an asset.
Work & Sensory Environment:
- Providing service to several people or departments, working under many simultaneous deadlines.
- Required to stand and walk for long periods of time during shift.
- Required to lift, carry or handle heavy objects.
- Required to adapt to temperature changes on occasion (working on the retail floor as well as in coolers and freezers).
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.