- 814 Sydney St, Cornwall, ON K6H 3J8, Canada
- Location: Cornwall
- Department: Service
At Farm Boy, it is our mission to create a fun, fresh experience for all! Whether you are a team member or a customer, Farm Boy is passionate about creating a unique fresh food shopping experience and ensuring that we deliver on our commitments.
As we continue to grow within Ontario, Farm Boy is excited to welcome new team members that share our passion for providing the best fresh shopping experience!
This position is responsible for assisting the Service Department Manager in the achievement of company, store and department goals as communicated by the Store Manager and Department Manager. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality service approach to all employees, customers and suppliers. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Farm Boy Way.
- Provide superior customer service and support Farm Boy’s vision of the best fresh shopping experience.
- Have a passion for food and knowledgeably handle all customer questions or comments confidently.
- Utilizing Farm Boy Service Standards, welcome, greet and offer customer assistance as required.
- Lead by example and promote corporate policies, customer service standards, departmental cleanliness and opening and closing procedures.
- Assist the management team in supervising and performing departmental procedures (e.g. cash handling, floats, change orders, tray balancing, returns and refunds).
- Assist, relieve and train department personnel as requested by the management team.
- Perform cashier duties including running a till and cart retrieval.
- May be requested to undertake other related duties on a periodic basis.
- Typically requires partial completion of a post-secondary program, plus a minimum of 1 year of progressively responsible experience in a similar role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful completion of Smart Serve or a willingness to complete.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, mathematical and analytical skills.
- Clear and effective communication style, both written and oral.
- Good judgment and decision-making abilities while communicating with customers and Farm Boy team members.
- Ability to learn manual and automated systems/tools.
- Skilled at working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining priorities and a high level of performance.
- Flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Fluency in English and French shall be considered an asset.
Work & Sensory Environment:
- Providing service to several people or departments, working under many simultaneous deadlines.
- Required to stand for long periods of time during shift.
- Regularly required to perform repetitive and/or precise hand/finger movements.
- Required to lift, carry or handle heavy objects.
- May be exposed to changes in temperature (when standing near exit doors) and to extreme temperatures (when collecting carts from the parking lot).
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.