Kitchen Production Worker
- 2370 Walkley Rd, Ottawa, ON K1G 4H9, Canada
- Location: Central Facility - Ottawa
At Farm Boy, it is our mission to create a fun, fresh experience for all! Whether you are a team member or a customer, Farm Boy is passionate about creating a unique fresh food shopping experience and ensuring that we deliver on our commitments.
As we continue to grow within Ontario, Farm Boy is excited to welcome new team members that share our passion for providing the best fresh shopping experience!
This position is responsible for contributing to the coordinated efforts of preparing high-quality products for our retail stores. The performance of the duties must align with all Food Safety standards, and ensure a quality service approach to all customers, employees and suppliers. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Farm Boy Way.
- Preparation and packaging of Farm Boy platters, salads, pizzas, veggie and fruit dippers; including assembly, presentation, wrapping, and labeling in strict accordance with Farm Boy standards, policies and procedures.
- Maintain high standard of product quality at all times and assemble product with consistency and eye for detail.
- Participate in product distribution to Retail outlets ensuring a high standard of product presentation, quality and food safety at all times.
- Ensure full compliance of all company policies and procedures that pertain to the ongoing operation of the Central Kitchen facility.
- Ensure execution of cleaning and sanitation practices that are in strict accordance with both Government regulations and Farm Boy Kitchen policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper Health and Safety practices are adhered to in an effort towards optimizing efficiency, work safety and food safety.
- Provide input and/or assistance as requested from Management team for various operational tasks such as inventory-taking, ordering packaging, as well as any other requests that the team member is deemed capable of performing.
- May be requested to undertake other related duties on a periodic basis.
- Typically requires a minimum of 1 year of related experience in food service retail or production operation or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioritize projects as assigned.
- Experience using and cleaning manual and electric meat slicers will be considered an asset.
- Good organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Ability to make sound decisions and to carry out initiatives timely and effectively.
- Willingness to strictly adhere to company policies and procedures with little supervision.
- Basic knowledge of food presentation and equipment, including knife handling.
- High standards of cleanliness and order.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Work & Sensory Environment:
- Required to wear cumbersome protective clothing or equipment during shift.
- Lack of control over pace due to multiple and/or tight deadlines beyond one’s control.
- Ability to work in a cool environment for prolonged periods (4 to 6 degrees Celsius).
- Exposure to workplace hazards including the potential of icy floors, spills and equipment malfunctions.
- Required to lift, carry and/or handle heavy objects.
- Required to stand for extended periods of time while performing production work.
- Repetitive bending and twisting movements are required.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.