Retail Manager - Admin
- 814 Sydney St, Cornwall, ON K6H 3J8, Canada
- Location: Cornwall
- Department: Administration
At Farm Boy, it is our mission to create a fun, fresh experience for all! Whether you are a team member or a customer, Farm Boy is passionate about creating a unique fresh food shopping experience and ensuring that we deliver on our commitments.
As we continue to grow within Ontario, Farm Boy is excited to welcome new team members that share our passion for providing the best fresh shopping experience!
The Retail Manager – Admin is responsible for overseeing the stores day-to-day administrative functions, and managing the overall flow of paperwork between the store office and home office or other key stakeholders. Job duties include assisting with onboarding, payroll, health and safety, training, benefits & pension administration, invoicing, data review and entry, schedules, and supervision of the Administrative Assistant. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Farm Boy Way.
Facilitation of Payroll:
- Complete time card audits and exceptions for Department Managers – process all ADP-WFN timecard corrections.
- Be familiar with statutory holiday legislation and ensure compliance.
- Compile weekly payroll report.
- Process and track leave of absences.
- Investigate and answer all employee payroll related questions.
- Greet walk-in applicants and conduct initial assessment.
- Provide assistance to Managers on the hiring process.
- Assist with interview process including scheduling and participating in interviews.
- Track and report store staffing levels to Management team.
- Conduct orientation for new store employees.
- Ensure all employees are correctly entered in ADP-WFN.
Health & Safety:
- Compile, manage and keep up to date on the administrative requirements of the Joint Health and Safety Committee, including monthly inspections, meetings, certified staff lists, etc.
- Monitor training requirements for Food Safety, First Aid and Joint Health and Safety Certifications
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of all workplace accidents including completion of incident reports, offers of modified duties and Return to Work forms in coordination with Home Office.
- Ensure our internal Learning Management System is up to date.
- Coordinate with Store and Department Managers to ensure training materials are issued and training is completed.
- Maintain store-level employee files.
- Keep Desjardins Benefits system current.
- Audit Benefit and ADP-WFN systems.
- Manage department uniform inventory and office/store, janitorial and Health and Safety supplies.
- May be requested to support our stores through other related duties as required.
- Typically requires completion of a post-secondary program with an emphasis in Office Administration a minimum of 2 years of progressive experience in a similar role or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Level A First Aid and Basic CPR certification, or the commitment to complete within 6 months.
- Self-motivated, adaptable, decisive.
- Ability to handle confidential materials in a sensitive and appropriate manner.
- Above average communication and organizational skills with a hands-on approach to work.
- Keen attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy and presentation.
- Above average knowledge of programs including ADP-WFN and Microsoft Suite.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
Work & Sensory Environment
- Providing service to several people or departments, working under many simultaneous deadlines
- Performing extensive and repetitive data entry
- Possible exposure to eye strain from computer terminals
- Exposure to distractions caused by open office noise and frequent interruptions
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.