- 814 Sydney St, Cornwall, ON K6H 3J8, Canada
- Location: Cornwall
- Department: Administration
At Farm Boy, it is our mission to create a fun, fresh experience for all! Whether you are a team member or a customer, Farm Boy is passionate about creating a unique fresh food shopping experience and ensuring that we deliver on our commitments.
As we continue to grow within Ontario, Farm Boy is excited to welcome new team members that share our passion for providing the best fresh shopping experience!
The position is responsible for supporting the retail team by performing various administrative and clerical duties. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality service approach to all employees, customers and suppliers. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Farm Boy Way.
- Responsible for assisting with department inventory i.e., uniforms, office/store supplies.
- Responsible for assisting with the organization and maintenance of confidential store-level files.
- Preparation and presentation of new hire documents, including participating in orientations.
- May be required to assist with payroll functions including timecard corrections and reporting.
- Responsible for logging invoices as well as ensuring the corresponding paperwork is attached to the invoices.
- Coordinate with Finance and Store Manager regarding queries on invoices.
- Responsible for contacting employees regarding any schedule changes.
- Provide assistance with the organization and maintenance of the employee Training Master.
- Responsible for printing, posting, collecting, and filing of SOP’s, sweep logs, high touch sanitation sheets and Covid screening logs.
- Ensure that scheduled periodic reporting is sent out on time and accurately.
- Assist with ad hoc requests like preparation of name tags, assisting employees with locker information, etc.
- Assist employees on filing expense reports, secure necessary approvals and submit for reimbursement.
- Coordinate meetings for Store Manager / Regional Director / Vice President and take minutes when required.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and share with appropriate stakeholders.
- May be requested to undertake other related duties to support our stores.
- Typically requires completion of a post-secondary education with an emphasis in Office Administration plus a minimum of 2 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Above average interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Superior customer service skills with ability to handle complaints and communicate calmly and professionally.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Superior time management and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Positive, team-oriented attitude and ability to work with minimal supervision and solve problems.
- Ability to handle confidential materials in a sensitive and appropriate manner.
- Reliable, responsible and adaptable to change and learning new tasks.
- Fluency in both official languages would be considered an asset.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays as required.
Work & Sensory Environment:
- Providing service to several people or departments, working under many simultaneous deadlines
- Performing extensive and repetitive data entry
- Sitting for long periods of time at workstation
- Possible exposure to eye strain from computer terminals
- Exposure to distractions cause by open office noise and frequent interruptions
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.