Assistant Store Manager
- 5245 Dundas St W, Etobicoke, ON M9B 1A5, Canada
- Location: Aukland
- Department: Administration
- Availability: Open
At Farm Boy, it is our mission to create a fun, fresh experience for all! Whether you are a team member or a customer, Farm Boy is passionate about creating a unique fresh food shopping experience and ensuring that we deliver on our commitments.
As we continue to grow within Ontario, Farm Boy is excited to welcome new team members that share our passion for providing the best fresh shopping experience!
This position is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in the accomplishment of the day-to-day operation and management of the assigned store. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality service approach to all employees, customers and suppliers. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Farm Boy Way.
- Provide superior customer service while supporting Farm Boy’s vision of the best fresh shopping experience.
- Work with Store Manager, Department Managers and Retail Specialists to execute strategies aimed at successfully accomplishing stated goals (e.g. financial results).
- Consistent and effective communication to lead the team, including one-on-one coaching, huddles, metrics, product knowledge and corporate policies and procedures.
- Team development, interviewing, training, reviews, coaching, motivation and recognition all while maintaining a high level of confidentiality and trust.
- Promote company policy (as communicated in management meetings, policy and procedure manuals, employee handbooks, written directives, Human Resources policies and etc.) to ensure compliance.
- Assist in implementing the health and safety program and act on recommendations made by the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Participate in community events and ensure Farm Boy’s continued community presence.
- Support the Store Manager in the retail operations and deliverables (e.g. inventory, ordering, item maintenance, quality and rotation, shrink, merchandising, invoicing, scheduling, payroll).
- Support and assist in the implementation of health and safety programs as well to act on recommendations made by the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Ensure that the store is properly protected, as well that the opening and closing procedures are conducted timely and appropriately. Respond to calls in the case of emergencies or an after-hours alarm.
- Ensure that the stores financial information, safe management, document maintenance and retention; and preserve the integrity of individual front-end staff (e.g., oversee refunds, cashiers’ over/short report, audit floats).
- May be requested to undertake other related duties on a periodic basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Typically requires completion of a post-secondary program with an emphasis in business, plus 5 to 7 years of progressively responsible managerial experience in retail, preferably in the perishable food industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful completion of a Public Health Food Handler certification, Smart Serve plus Level A First Aid and Basic CPR certification, or the commitment to complete within 6 months.
- Good knowledge of retail industry, food products and superior standards of quality.
- Skilled at working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining priorities and a high level of performance.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Excellent team building and team participation skills.
- Ability to learn manual and automated systems/tools.
- Experience in working with various computer software programs; e.g., Microsoft Office.
- Flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Fluency in English and French shall be considered an asset.
Work & Sensory Environment:
- Providing service to several people or departments, working under many simultaneous deadlines.
- Required to stand and walk for long periods of time during shift.
- Required to lift, carry or handle heavy objects.
- Required to adapt to temperature changes on occasion (working on the retail floor as well as in coolers and freezers)
This position will require a criminal background check to be completed.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.