- 3033 Woodroffe Ave, Nepean, ON K2G 6H2, Canada
- Location: Barrhaven
- Department: Administration
- Availability: Open
At Farm Boy, it is our mission to create a fun, fresh experience for all! Whether you are a team member or a customer, Farm Boy is passionate about creating a unique fresh food shopping experience and ensuring that we deliver on our commitments.
As we continue to grow within Ontario, Farm Boy is excited to welcome new team members that share our passion for providing the best fresh shopping experience!
This position is responsible for ensuring the for the development, coordination and implementation of programs and activities and the day-to-day administrative functions of the Human Resources department. This position must ensure all employees, customers and candidates receive high quality service and all responsibilities are performed in a manner consistent with the Farm Boy Way.
- Maintain the Career page on the Farm Boy website and create job postings for internal and external postings upon request
- Administer the application in-take process including application tracking and distribution, interview scheduling and checking of references on a daily basis
- Prepare and process Management and Home Office offer letters for Recruitment team
- Prepare and distribute company announcements as requested
- Maintain new hire and termination databases
- Responsible for processing of employment verification requests and Service Canada inquires
- Generate and/or coordinate various reports and analysis for the HR Directors (i.e. employee turnover analysis, quarterly results, etc.)
- Prepare new hire documents and coordinate orientation for Home Office employees
- Complete Home Office new hire and termination paperwork and entry in applicable systems
- Maintain the LMS including updating employee information and uploading course material as required
- Update and manage necessary forms and documents for Human Resources Managers as required
- Manage, plan and support HR programs such as the Years of Service Awards Program, Birthday Card Program, Employee Referral Program and Smart Serve program.
- Perform administrative duties to assist the HR Directors including preparation of correspondences and reports, and the design of forms
- Organize and maintain files of confidential or sensitive information
- Design and use spreadsheets, graphs and charts for data analysis
- May be requested to undertake other related duties on a periodic basis
- Typically requires completion of a Post-secondary education with an emphasis in Human Resources or Office Administration plus a minimum of 2 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Above average interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Superior customer service skills
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Superior time management and organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and solve problems
- Ability to handle confidential materials in a sensitive and appropriate manner
- Reliable, responsible and adaptable to change and learning new tasks
- Ability to build, develop and maintain relationships at various levels in the organization
- Fluency in both official languages would be considered an asset
Work & Sensory Environment
- Providing service to several people or departments, working under many simultaneous deadlines
- Performing extensive and repetitive data entry
- Sitting for long periods of time at workstation
- Possible exposure to eye strain from computer terminals
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.