- 940 Futures Gate, Kingston, ON K7M 8T5, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
- Location: Kingston
- Department: Service
At Farm Boy, it is our mission to create a fun, fresh experience for all! Whether you are a team member or a customer, Farm Boy is passionate about creating a unique fresh food shopping experience and ensuring that we deliver on our commitments.
As we continue to grow within Ontario, Farm Boy is excited to welcome new team members that share our passion for providing the best fresh shopping experience!
This position is responsible for contributing to the coordinated efforts of preparing and presenting a high-quality shopping experience to all Farm Boy customers. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality service approach to all customers, employees and suppliers. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Farm Boy Way.
- Provide superior customer service and support Farm Boy’s vision of the best fresh shopping experience.
- Have a passion for food and knowledgeably handle all customer questions or comments confidently.
- Utilizing Farm Boy Service Standards, process all customer purchases, collect the accurate tenders and bag the purchased items.
- May be required to handle or sell alcohol.
- Responsible for learning product codes and applying them in a timely and accurate manner when processing customer orders.
- Responsible for balancing all tenders received.
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls as necessary.
- Keep the work, storage and store front areas clean and safe at all times by performing general “housekeeping” as required, including cart retrieval from the parking area.
- Comply with all corporate policies, especially as they relate to Health and Safety, Food Safety and equipment use.
- May be requested to undertake other related duties on a periodic basis.
- Superior customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- If at a location that sells alcohol, must be a minimum of 18 years of age to handle alcohol and have successfully completed Smart Serve or a willingness to complete as this location sells alcohol.
- Experience in a retail environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered an asset.
- Strong mathematical skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with little supervision with a high standard for quality and cleanliness.
- Ability to work in a team environment with clear and effective communication style, both written and oral
- Flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Fluency in English and French shall be considered an asset.
Work & Sensory Environment:
- Required to stand for long periods of time during shift.
- Regularly required to perform repetitive and/or precise hand/finger movements.
- Required to lift, carry or handle heavy objects.
- May be exposed to changes in temperature (when standing near exit doors) and to extreme temperatures (when collecting carts from the parking area).
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.