- 1-29 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON M5V 2P1, Canada
- Location: Front & Bathurst
- Department: Chef
At Farm Boy, it is our mission to create a fun, fresh experience for all! Whether you are a team member or a customer, Farm Boy is passionate about creating a unique fresh food shopping experience and ensuring that we deliver on our commitments.
As we continue to grow within Ontario, Farm Boy is excited to welcome new team members that share our passion for providing the best fresh shopping experience!
This position is responsible for contributing to the coordinated efforts of preparing high-quality products for our retail stores. The performance of the duties must align with all Food Safety standards, and ensure a quality service approach to all customers, employees and suppliers. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Farm Boy Way.
- Cook/prepare food ensuring items adhere to high quality standard and company recipes and specifications.
- Ensure that all food is creatively and attractively presented at all times.
- Train departmental staff in the correct methods for cooking preparation and presentation.
- Perform opening and closing procedures for the department.
- Coordinate department activity ensuring that goals are properly communicated and attained.
- Practice and promote Company policies (as communicated in meetings, policies and procedure manuals, employee guidebooks, written directives, etc.) and ensure compliance.
- Ensure the accurate receipt of all incoming department products, inspecting the items for freshness and quality, and reconcile products received with packing slips, purchase orders, invoices, etc.
- Conduct inventory of merchandise and report discrepancies.
- Communicate weekly the supply and packaging orders necessary for the department to the Assistant Production Manager.
- Stay apprised of new food trends and technologies and communicate those trends.
- Ensure compliance of all Government regulations and Health & Safety standards including Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) food handling and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Sheet (WHMIS) chemical safety.
- Safeguard the integrity of the Company’s financial information.
- Ensure kitchen is kept clean and sanitized by cleaning preparation areas and equipment, washing and organizing dishes and kitchenware, and sweeping and mopping floors.
- May be requested to undertake other related duties on a periodic basis.
- Typically requires completion of a post secondary program in culinary arts plus a minimum of 1 year of related experience in a culinary/food environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of food costs.
- Knowledge of methods, material and practices of volume food preparation.
- Knowledge of sanitary methods and safety procedures in the kitchen.
- Supervisory or management experience will be considered an asset.
- Strong team player with clear, effective communication skills.
- Ability to learn manual and automated systems/tools.
- Food Safety Certification will be considered an asset.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Work & Sensory Environment:
- Required to wear cumbersome protective clothing or equipment during shift.
- Lack of control over pace due to multiple and/or tight deadlines beyond one’s control.
- Required to lift, carry and/or handle heavy objects.
- Required to stand for extended periods of time while performing duties.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.