Jr AWS Cloud Developer
- Reston, VA, USA
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
As a valued colleague on our team, you will assist with monitoring customer needs and intended uses of requested data in the development of database requirements and assist in the planning and engineering of enterprise databases.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Jr AWS Cloud Developer role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Assist with monitoring customer needs and intended uses of requested data in the development of database requirements and assist in the planning and engineering of enterprise databases.
- Attend training for database technologies, complex coding languages, and computer system skills.
- Integrate data into readily available formats while maintaining existing structures and govern their use according to business requirements.
- Assist with incorporating new data sources and monitor the performance, scalability, and security of data.
- Support the team in creating an initial analysis and deliver the user interface (UI) to the customer to enable further analysis.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Determining causes of operating errors and taking corrective action
- The group of skills related to Product Testing including testing and evaluating software, usability testing
- Working with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal
- The group of skills related to Communication including communicating in writing or verbally
- Ability to frame ideas as systems and analyzing the inputs, outputs, and process
- Experience using software and computer systems' architectural principles to integrate enterprise computer applications such AWS Application Integration
- Experience in the process of analyzing data to identify trends or relationships to inform conclusions about the data
- Skilled in cloud technologies and cloud computing
- The group of skills related to Programming including coding, debugging, and using relevant programming languages
- Experience helping an organization to plan and manage change in effort to meet strategic objectives
- Skilled in the graphical representation of information in the form of a charts, diagrams, pictures, and dashboards with programs and tools such as Excel
- Skilled in AWS Database products such RDS and Redshift
- Skilled in Python and Pi-SPARK programming
- Skilled in Jenkins
- Skilled in AWS Management and Governance suite of products such as CloudTrail, CloudWatch, or
- Experience using JIRA / Confluence
- Experience using APIs for developing or programming software
- Skilled in SQL
- Skilled in using UNIX / Linux
- Skilled in AWS Analytics such as Athena, EMR, or Glue
- Skilled in JSON
- Skilled in Oracle Database
- Skilled in AWS Compute such as EC2, Lambda
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at [email protected]