- 1100 15th St NW, Washington, DC
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
As a valued colleague on our team, you will provide expert advice to, and lead team in, analyzing market, government, and business data in conjunction with monitoring and interpreting economic trends. In this role, you will forecast economic (and other) variables relevant to the Company, market participants, and policy makers. You will conduct and review research to understand borrower, lender, investor, and/or other behaviors, as well as coordinate team efforts to present findings and recommendations through reports, research papers, and presentations to advise internal and external business partners, policy makers or other audiences.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Economic and Strategic Research - Economics - Lead Associate role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Provide guidance and leadership to the team's research efforts, using public and company data to inform and quantify the impact of proposed or implemented policy changes. Conduct research to understand prior market, social, or other developments relevant to internal or external stakeholders using statistical and other recognized methods.
- Apply research best practices to the development and ongoing improvement of forecasts, indices, and surveys, including the evaluation of Fannie Mae's products and policies. Lead the team in applying processes and operationalizing statistical tools and models to provide analysis for downstream users (e.g. home price forecasts or indices, survey results, or other model implementations).
- Collaborate with the team, and provide guidance on, conducting analyses that provide valuable information to internal or external decision makers when setting company policies, developing business products, and improving the analytic assets of the company.
- Ensure the team is up to date on economic, market, and regulatory developments along with relevant academic and practitioner research.
- Translate findings for non-technical audiences, such as industry partners, business customers, or the media.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 4 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, or similar
- Functional Skills
- Experience in independent economic research, forecasting, data analysis or related projects
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to provide feedback and guidance to other team members
- Skilled at planning, managing, tracking and executing open-ended workstreams and projects to ensure successful and timely project completion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to explain results to a broad audience
- Relationship Management including engaging stakeholders, partners, customers, and vendors, and building relationship networks
- Influencing including negotiating, persuading others, providing constructive criticism and challenge, and resolving conflict
- Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand using graphical representation of information in the form of a charts, diagrams, pictures, and dashboards with programs
- Working with people with different functional expertise and backgrounds respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal
- Technical Skills
- Advanced knowledge of economics, statistics and data analysis
- Ability to engage in and evaluate the more technical aspects of economic analysis and research with a focus on the broader context and key impacts of the analysis
- Expertise in visualizing data, including experience with Excel, Tableau, R Shiny or similar to identify, summarize and explain observed data patterns
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to conduct independent analysis to address complex economic or business problems
- Technical ability with statistical software packages including coding, debugging, modeling and economic analysis with relevant programming languages (Python, R, SAS, SQL, etc...)
- Advanced Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, or similar
- Experience in mortgage or housing market research and analysis
- Experience with Cloud-based data analytics
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at [email protected]
Job ID: REF5997X