Principal Software Engineer - FinTech
- Reston, VA, USA
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
Our Finance Technology team is looking for a Principal Software Engineer that will be playing a key role in helping to lead our Digital Transformation Cloud Journey vision and principles for the team. This is a key role that will be driving, defining, and leading key transformational changes to our target state and approach.
The ideal candidate will be able to utilize deep expertise in the area of Engineering and act as the lead subject matter expert for the division and cross divisions. You will have the ability to influence stakeholders and executive leadership on key FinTech development and application difficulties. This position is accountable for the successful delivery of infrastructure design, development of application architecture design and application integration design. As a highly innovative agent of change management, it is expected you help to continually raise the bar and challenge the status quo to help shape and build the best organization in the industry
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Finance Technology - Software Engineering - Principal role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Provide thought leadership and expert technical guidance/mentorship to business/technology partners to ensure project success in alignment with engineering standards/strategies and architecture with an emphasis on quality excellence
- Determine the needs of diverse & complex customer groups requiring applied understanding and resolution of complex or unusual business problems
- Design and develop software solutions to meet needs across simultaneous projects or workstreams and may also lead matrixed teams
- Apply extensive expertise in a process-driven approach in designing solutions
- Implement new software technology and coordinate simultaneous implementation programs across departments or divisions
- Develop and refine more effective and efficient methods for maintenance of existing software
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences: 10+ years of relevant experience
Desired Education: Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience defining and implementing Technology Strategies, Roadmap, Standards and Frameworks.
- You have a passion for programming, and you are experienced with business application and analytical application development using Java, Python, PySpark, etc.
- Demonstrated professional success in the principles with AWS Public Cloud, including experience architecting and operating solutions built on AWS
- You take a Security First, anti-fragile, and cloud-native mentality and have experience with developing, designing, and architecting for Security Constraints, Resiliency, High-Availability, Fault Tolerance, and Scalability in the context of AWS Cloud and DevSecOps
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of API ecosystems, CI/CD and DevOps principles, and design thinking
- Confidence and ability to work with leadership and key stakeholders throughout the organization to design and develop approaches to automating business processes
- Excellent communication, presentation, and documentation skills with the ability to define and communicate the ‘big picture’ in terms of overall integration solutions to key stakeholders at various levels
- You consider yourself a technology leader and could coach and mentor other engineers on best practices
- Able to collaborate cross-functionally with the business and technical teams, including Enterprise Architecture, Cloud Architecture, and InfoSec to convert acceptable architecture into implementation patterns.
- Assess technology delivery framework and identify opportunities for rationalization and standardization based on industry best practices
- Advise Business and Technology teams on vendor/product evaluation and selection
- Execute on developing foundational services (CI/CD, Testing, AI/ML) and federate to delivery teams.
- Financial Services Industry domain knowledge with an emphasis on Mortgage Products and Securities or transaction processing is a plus. Other industry experience is acceptable.
- Experience with AWS products not limited to EC2, S3, SNS, SQS, IAM, Lambda, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, MSK, EMR, Batch, Step Functions, Beanstalk, ALB/ELB, App Mesh, Sagemaker
- Experience with best-of-breed SaaS Solutions such as Workday, Salesforce, etc. and experience in ERP Systems (Oracle, PeopleSoft) would be a plus
- Experience with performing data pipeline or ETL processing, including extracting data from existing sources, such as databases, flat files, and application programming interfaces, transforming, cleaning, or normalizing data to optimize for analysis, and automating the loading or ingestion of data into consolidated repositories, such as data warehouses and data lakes.
- Experience with DevSecOps tools for both greenfield and cloud native technologies like Gitlab/Terraform, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Urban Code.
Reference ID: REF6193P
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at [email protected]