Data Science - Senior Associate
- Washington, DC, USA
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
As a valued colleague on our team, you will use moderately complex techniques to produce insights, new product or change recommendations, process improvement or automation, and predictive modeling. You will use data mining and data analysis methods, be adept with common large data processing techniques, computational programing capabilities, practical problem-solving skills, and have an ability to articulate solutions to non-technical consumers or partners. As a senior associate, you will partner with data engineering and data management teams, and apply data mining techniques to external or created data sources in preparation for analysis or use of enterprise data assets.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Finance - Data Science - Senior Associate role applies data analytics, time series modeling and macro economic theories to home price forecast. It collaborates with other teams throughout the full cycle of model development and production process. It will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with product and/or business owners, data engineers, and platform teams to understand business needs and current capabilities, data availability, and alternative uses.
- Implement new statistical modeling capabilities.
- Apply predictive analytic capabilities to enhance the delivery of business applications, and support the integration of data and statistical models or algorithms. Apply industry practices in research and testing to product development, deployment, and maintenance .
- Design new modeling applications to support risk measurement, financial valuation, decision making, and business performance.
- Design data visualizations, technical documentation, and non-technical presentation materials to communicate complex ideas and solutions to business partners.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Applying data analytical tools to regression modeling and time series modeling;
- Expertise in using statistical methods, including: developing and testing hypotheses, using experimental design, and running linear and logistic regressions
- Coding, debugging, and using relevant programming languages (SAS, Python, R)
- Presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions
- Experience defining and managing changes to documents, code, computer programs, websites, and other files to enable collaboration and ensure teams are working from the latest version
- Managing and engaging stakeholders, customers, and vendors, building relationship networks. Working with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- 4 years of relevant experience
Experience using R
Experience using BitBucket
Skilled in Python object-oriented programming
Skilled in Microsoft Teams
Skilled in Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings, development, and networking platforms
Skilled in Excel
Skilled in Tableau
Skilled in SQL
Experience using JIRA
Skilled in DBeaver SQL client software
Skilled in SAS
Skilled in Netezza SQL
Skilled in RStudio to develop programs in R
Skilled in Plotly
Skilled in TOAD SQL database management tool
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at [email protected]
Job Id: REF6132N