Lead Associate - Developer Relations - Open Source Program Office
- 1100 15th St NW, Washington, DC
- Employees can work remotely
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
As a valued colleague on our team, you will act as a team lead in the designing, producing, testing, or implementing software, technology, or processes, as well as lead processes for creating and maintaining IT architecture, large scale data stores, and cloud-based systems.
You are or have been a software developer in the recent past and have discovered that you are adept at communicating with software developers, helping them incorporate best practices, and collaborating with them to produce proofs of concept when required. You want to help developers improve their craft, and you’re willing to take on the challenge of building an internal developer community at Fannie Mae to this end.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Lead Associate of Developer Relations role in the Open Source Program Office will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Independently determine the needs of the customer while identifying and resolving conflicting or complementary needs across customer groups.
- Applying advanced skill, knowledge and experience, design and develop software solutions to meet customer needs.
- Use a process-driven approach to leading design solutions.
- Implement new software technology and coordinate simultaneous implementation tasks across teams
- Work with the Open Source Program Office leadership to create an engagement model for developers at Fannie Mae
- Recommend and implement tools that will facilitate an improved engagement model
- Manage internal communities of developers, building feedback loops to facilitate continuous improvement of open source governance and processes
- Implement communications plan in partnership with Program Operations Manager, ensuring developers have the latest information on open source best practices
- Clearly and accurately describe, document, and communicate risk mitigation practices for open source usage to developers
- Clearly and accurately describe, document, and communicate how to modify open source software and contribute those changes to their communities of origin
- Partner with CI/CD teams to ensure open source governance processes are implemented effectively, contributing software engineering and testing skills when necessary
- Establish an ambassador program to encourage open source best practices and build a “train the trainers” program
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills to share information and / or ideas with audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand
- Influencing skills to include negotiation, persuasion, facilitation, and conflict resolution
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally to achieve common goals
- Adept at managing project plans, resources, and people to ensure successful project completion
- Product development skills to include product design, roadmap development, prototyping, etc.
- Experience establishing and maintaining consistency of a product's performance, functional, and physical attributes with its requirements, design, and operational information
- Experience defining and managing changes to documents, code, computer programs, websites, and other files to enable collaboration and ensure teams are working from the latest version
- Business insight skills for the purposes of advising stakeholders, designing business models, interpreting customer and market insights, forecasting, benchmarking, etc.
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions
- Ability to frame ideas as systems and analyzing the inputs, outputs, and process
- Skilled in the graphical representation of information in the form of a charts, diagrams, pictures, and dashboards with programs and tools such as Excel, Tableau, or Power BI
- Skilled in cloud technologies and cloud computing
- Programming skills to include coding and debugging with relevant programming languages
- Experience using APIs for developing or programming software
- JSON, YAML
- SQL, PL/SQL
- Tableau, or other data query and visualization tools
- Jenkins, or other CI/CD tooling
- Confluence, or other Wiki platforms and tools
- Visio, or comparable tools
- Amazon Web Services offerings, development, and networking platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree, or other advanced degree
Job REF ID: REF5895U
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at [email protected]