Lead Cloud Technology Engineer
- Reston, VA, USA
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
As a valued colleague on our team, you will act as the team lead in designing and developing advanced solutions for information technology (IT) infrastructure environments, including coding, testing, and certifying technology platforms, software, and applications, as well as coach and mentor team members.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Lead Cloud Technology Engineer role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Apply your advanced skills and knowledge to develop solutions for application design and IT infrastructure components.
- Understand the end-to-end performance of IT platforms and account for interrelated functionality and processes when developing designs.
- Establish and maintain policies, guidelines, and standard operating procedures.
- Monitor performance and capacity metrics for technology solutions and lead the team in addressing identified issues.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 4 years
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- AWS certifications
- Knowledge of Terraform
- Hands on experience with container orchestration technologies: AWS ECS, AWS Fargate, Kubernetes
- Programming including coding, debugging, and using relevant programming languages
- Relationship Management including managing and engaging stakeholders, customers, and vendors, building relationship networks, contracting, etc.
- Communication including communicating in writing or verbally, copywriting, planning and distributing communication, etc.
- Skilled in documentation and database reporting for the purposes of analysis, data discovery, and decision-making with the use of relevant software such as Crystal Reports, Excel, or SSRS
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions
- Ability to transform business processes using BPA, RPA, or other technology-enabled automation
- Skilled in cloud technologies and cloud computing
- Cloud developer/engineer with robust technical design capabilities and knowledge implementing design patterns
- Product Development including designing products, developing product roadmaps, translating design requirements, prototyping, etc.
- Determining causes of operating errors and taking corrective action
- Adept at managing project plans, resources, and people to ensure successful project completion
- Risk Assessment and Management including evaluating and designing controls, conducting impact assessments, identifying control gaps, remediating risk, etc.
- Experience monitoring and managing operation systems (OS), and staying current on patches, upgrades, and other elements of the OS
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining consistency of a product's performance, functional, and physical attributes with its requirements, design, and operational information
- Working with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal
- Operational Excellence including improving and overseeing operations
- Influencing including negotiating, persuading others, facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict
- Ability to frame ideas as systems and analyzing the inputs, outputs, and process
- Experience in AWS Serverless architecture using Python, Lambda, API Gateway, ALB/ELB
- Programming experience using Python, Java, or any other programming language
- Experience with CI/CD technologies
- Experience with AWS Service Catalog
- Experience of automation in Cloud
- Experience in logging and monitoring
- Knowledge of Identity Access Management, Cross account IAM access management
- Good understanding and implementation experience of resiliency and cross-region replication
- Understanding of infrastructure as code using AWS CloudFormation
- Familiarity of Egress/Ingress access patterns
Job REF ID: REF3248Q
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at [email protected]