- 4401 Village Dr, Fairfax, VA 22030, USA
Fairfax University of America is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) institution committed to setting a new standard in higher education. Through our student-centered approach, we strive to provide the most positive environment for learning available anywhere. Our programs are structured to allow students great flexibility in the design and direction of their own studies. To keep pace with the latest developments in technology and teaching, our curriculum and materials are regularly reviewed and revised, and our instructors receive further training, as necessary.
It is the policy of FXUA to provide equal employment and educational opportunities for all people regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, disability, source of income, place of residence or business, and veteran status. An integral part of this policy is to administer recruiting , hiring, working conditions, benefits and privileges of employment, compensation, training, opportunity for advancement including upgrades and promotion, transfer, and termination of employment including layoff and recall for all employees in accordance with this policy.
Position Overview: The Cashier/Barista assists the Food Service Manager/Chef by preparing, helping, and serving food and beverages. Cashier/Barista need to implement all the standard operational procedures of the restaurant and make sure that every customer receives the best customer service possible. Major responsibilities include taking orders, serving food, cleaning the dining area and other workstations and ensuring the total cleanliness of the workplace. Cashiers/Baristas are considered a member of Front of House (FOH) team. FOH Members must make sure that the food that’s being served is always fresh and has undergone the proper food and handling procedures before serving.
- Maintains high quality and consistency in all BOH & FOH processes. These processes include, but are not limited to, food production, delivery, customer care, equipment maintenance, and overall cleanliness.
- Helps with duties of other employees (i.e. line cooks, prep cooks, dishwashers, etc.) when necessary because of an unexpected absence or extra volume of work. May also have to work the line in slower seasons or off peak times.
- Maintain high standards in food, drink preparation, and assume responsibility for quality and quantity of products served while working on several different orders simultaneously.
- Knows proper use and maintenance of relevant equipment and machinery. Be comfortable with multi-tasking and able to prepare multiple orders accurately in a timely manner.
- Efficiently sanitize and maintain clean dishes, glassware, flatware, trays, pots and pans using dishwashers or washing manually.
- Enthusiastically educate guests about our menu and assemble orders as requested.
- Keep the serving line, dining room, and restrooms clean and organized.
- Follow recipes and procedures to maintain food quality and consistency.
- Adhere to safety and sanitation procedures and regulations.
- Restock stations and keep them clean and organized.
- Ensure the overall cleanliness of the restaurant.
- Put deliveries away.
- Deliver a delicious, unique, and memorable experience to each of our guests.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Required High School Diploma/G.E. D; Preferably culinary degree or 4–year college degree preferred with concentration in food preparation, management, nutrition, or related field. Culinary knowledge is required. Food Safety certified and strong sanitation habits. Actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers. Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Minimum of 1+ years of experience of cooking experience in fast food, cafeteria or restaurant industry is required.
- Experience supervising others, required.
- Previous restaurant industry experience required
- Willingness to work mornings, evenings and weekends as required.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Is detail-oriented, able to learn quickly, safety-minded, courteous, organized, customer-service focused and a great team player.
- Accuracy to deal with a variety of duties and prepare reports according to schedule.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with teams to accomplish goals.
- Strong initiative and proactive attitude required
- Ability to work with a highly diverse staff, faculty, and student body
- Positive attitude required.
Think you have what it takes? Apply today!
NOTE: Candidates selected for a phone screen or an interview will be contacted. Please do not call to follow up on your application as we have a high volume of calls and will not be able to respond to every inquiry