Registrar for Degree Compliance and Catalog
- 4401 Village Dr, Fairfax, VA 22030, USA
Fairfax University of America is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) institution committed to setting a new standard in higher education. Through our student-centered approach, we strive to provide the most positive environment for learning available anywhere. Our programs are structured to allow students great flexibility in the design and direction of their own studies. To keep pace with the latest developments in technology and teaching, our curriculum and materials are regularly reviewed and revised, and our instructors receive further training, as necessary.
It is the policy of FXUA to provide equal employment and educational opportunities for all people regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, disability, source of income, place of residence or business, and veteran status. An integral part of this policy is to administer recruiting , hiring, working conditions, benefits and privileges of employment, compensation, training, opportunity for advancement including upgrades and promotion, transfer, and termination of employment including layoff and recall for all employees in accordance with this policy.
The Registrar for Degree Compliance and Catalog ensures that all academic policies and procedures are followed within the department and across the university. This position directly supports proper maintenance and adherence to the Academic Catalog and its degree requirements and regulations.
- Maintains the university’s academic calendar and maintains the university’s grand schedule.
- Oversees the development of efficient term schedules following the academic calendar.
- Develops and suggests improvements to work-flow practices to improve the user experience for students, faculty, and staff in the student information system and associated portals.
- Supports the development and implementation of special enrollment agreements and programs.
- Ensures that all catalog requirements are followed and documented.
- Facilitates the implementation of new programs in the student information system.
- Regularly monitors student progress including satisfactory academic progress, satisfactory attendance, and degree completion requirements are met.
- Conducts periodic internal audits and ensures that improvements are made in processes and procedures leading to record creation and maintenance; works across units to ensure that processes and procedures are followed to maintain the accuracy of student records and the adherence to related policies.
- Serve as the primary School Certifying Official for Veteran’s Benefits; serve as a Designated School Official.
- Master’s degree or a bachelor’s degree and three to five years of experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in and supporting the functions of the Office of the Registrar.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and report on data for diverse audiences (especially analysis of raw demographic and other institutional data).
- Working experience using student information systems and other university systems.
- Previous experience serving and a Designated School Official and/or as a School Certifying Official for Veteran’s Benefits a plus.
- Direct knowledge of, or experience with, regional/national and programmatic accreditation preferred.
- Meticulously edit documents possessing a high level of attention to detail is required.
- Manage complex and highly sensitive materials and to foster a culture of confidentiality.
- A strong problem-solving mindset.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to excel in a demanding, outcome-oriented, and dynamic environment with little supervision.
- Creativity and the ability to envision and achieve a positive.
Think you have what it takes? Apply today!
NOTE: Candidates selected for a phone screen or an interview will be contacted. Please do not call to follow up on your application as we have a high volume of calls and will not be able to respond to every inquiry