- 4401 Village Dr, Fairfax, VA 22030, USA
Fairfax University of America is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) institution committed to setting a new standard in higher education. Through our student-centered approach, we strive to provide the most positive environment for learning available anywhere. Our programs are structured to allow students great flexibility in the design and direction of their own studies. To keep pace with the latest developments in technology and teaching, our curriculum and materials are regularly reviewed and revised, and our instructors receive further training, as necessary.
It is the policy of FXUA to provide equal employment and educational opportunities for all people regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, disability, source of income, place of residence or business, and veteran status. An integral part of this policy is to administer recruiting , hiring, working conditions, benefits and privileges of employment, compensation, training, opportunity for advancement including upgrades and promotion, transfer, and termination of employment including layoff and recall for all employees in accordance with this policy.
The Registrar oversees all functions related to the Office of the Registrar and in serving as a core component of the university’s academic operations. The Registrar is responsible for all aspects related to the creation, maintenance, dissemination, and verification of academic records both internally and externally, as well as maintaining the university’s student information system. The Registrar serves as a strong voice in the development of academic policies and procedures. Additionally, the Registrar serves a key function in the compliance process by maintaining the integrity of academic records, developing reports and disseminating information across the university, and supporting all aspects of compliance reporting for regulatory, state, federal, and local requirements.
- Maintain the integrity of the student information system (SIS) and processes and procedures which influence the data entered into the system.
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the Office of the Registrar and manage the internal quality assurance within the department
- Provide training and resources to support the wider university and its functions.
- Complete regular university-level reporting both internally and externally.
- Serve as the campus Family and Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) expert.
- Maintains the university’s academic calendar and maintains the university’s grand schedule.
- Oversees the development of efficient term schedules following the academic calendar.
- Develops and suggests improvements to work-flow practices to improve the user experience for students, faculty, and staff in the student information system and associated portals.
- Facilitates the implementation of new programs in the student information system.
- Develop and streamline policies, procedures, reporting, and forms for the department to provide a solid user experience across the learning community and to support student retention efforts; advise on policy improvements with the goal of improving processes across the university.
- Facilitates the development of inter-university and consortia agreements in conjunction with the university administration.
- Support the International Student Services Office by provide strategic leadership to related International Student Advisors.
- Serve as the School Certifying Official for Veteran’s Benefits; serve as a Principal Designated School Official or Designated School Official.
- Develop and maintain the departmental budget.
- Support and serve students throughout their education journey by providing a strong student-centered experience.
- Work closely with all related university departments including Academic Affairs, Student Experience, Career Services, the International Student Services, Admissions, Finance, and other related departments to support their functions; serve as a liaison between departments as needed.
- Master’s degree; or a bachelor’s degree with five to seven years of experience working in and supporting the Office of the Registrar.
- Minimum of five years of progressively increasing responsibility in higher education institutions.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and report on data for diverse audiences (especially analysis of raw demographic and other institutional data).
- Working experience using student information systems and other university systems.
- Previous experience serving and a Designated School Official and/or as a School Certifying Official for Veteran’s Benefits a plus.
- Direct knowledge of, or experience with, regional/national and programmatic accreditation preferred.
- Meticulously edit documents possessing a high level of attention to detail is required.
- Manage complex and highly sensitive materials and to foster a culture of confidentiality.
- A strong problem-solving mindset
- Strong work ethic with the ability to excel in a demanding, outcome-oriented, and dynamic environment with little supervision
- Creativity and the ability to envision and achieve a positive
Think you have what it takes? Apply today!
NOTE: Candidates selected for a phone screen or an interview will be contacted. Please do not call to follow up on your application as we have a high volume of calls and will not be able to respond to every inquiry