Director of Accounting and Finance
- 4401 Village Dr, Fairfax, VA 22030, USA
Fairfax University of America is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) institution committed to setting a new standard in higher education. Through our student-centered approach, we strive to provide the most positive environment for learning available anywhere. Our programs are structured to allow students great flexibility in the design and direction of their own studies. To keep pace with the latest developments in technology and teaching, our curriculum and materials are regularly reviewed and revised, and our instructors receive further training, as necessary.
It is the policy of FXUA to provide equal employment and educational opportunities for all people regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, disability, source of income, place of residence or business, and veteran status. An integral part of this policy is to administer recruiting , hiring, working conditions, benefits and privileges of employment, compensation, training, opportunity for advancement including upgrades and promotion, transfer, and termination of employment including layoff and recall for all employees in accordance with this policy.
Position Overview: We are looking for an experienced Director of Accounting and Finance who will be responsible for the direct management of several key accounting and reporting functions within the organization, including budgeting, planning and forecasting, financial and regulatory reporting, internal controls and risk management, and compliance with regulations.
The director of accounting and finance is a reliable professional with broad knowledge to all accounting, financial and business principles. They are strategic thinkers and effective leaders who can make the most profitable decisions.
The goal is to guide the company towards profitability and long-term success.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Own the daily accounting operations and financial close process and all associated activity to deliver accurate and timely results in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare financial statements, including cash flow statement
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures
- Develop, implement and maintain the internal systems and financial controls consistent with policies
- Understand and document reporting needs, collaborate on operational issues, develop solutions, and provide business guidance and insight through financial reporting
- Perform and document technical accounting research
- Assist in preparing and coordinating audits and reviews by the external auditors
- Identify and implement opportunities for efficiency and automation and mitigate risks throughout the accounting processes and systems
- Develop and manage effective communication and planning systems and processes with all other departments
- Coach, mentor and train accounting team
- Assist in various ad-hoc special projects, as needed
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
- 5-10 years of progressive accounting experience
- n-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. SAP)
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- CPA or other relevant qualification is a plus
Think you have what it takes? Apply today!
NOTE: Candidates selected for a phone screen or an interview will be contacted. Please do not call to follow up on your application as we have a high volume of calls and will not be able to respond to every inquiry