Senior Desktop Analyst
- 4401 Village Dr, Fairfax, VA 22030, USA
Fairfax University of America is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) institution committed to setting a new standard in higher education. Through our student-centered approach, we strive to provide the most positive environment for learning available anywhere. Our programs are structured to allow students great flexibility in the design and direction of their own studies. To keep pace with the latest developments in technology and teaching, our curriculum and materials are regularly reviewed and revised, and our instructors receive further training, as necessary.
It is the policy of FXUA to provide equal employment and educational opportunities for all people regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, disability, source of income, place of residence or business, and veteran status. An integral part of this policy is to administer recruiting , hiring, working conditions, benefits and privileges of employment, compensation, training, opportunity for advancement including upgrades and promotion, transfer, and termination of employment including layoff and recall for all employees in accordance with this policy.
Our ideal candidate is a friendly and helpful, solutions-oriented problem-solver who is patient with users, respectful, and knowledgeable. They should be proficient in Windows OS, and enthusiastic about computer systems and IT as well as Web and other online technologies. This position will be responsible for the support of the PCs, printers, servers, and related equipment in person, by phone, with remote screen sharing. Tasks include end-user support, upgrades, setting up new computers, and support for web, hosting, and other online technologies. This will also require some server management and maintenance.
- Leads and manages multi-location computer systems, Windows servers, and network infrastructure
- Participate in the installation, configuration, upgrade, and administration of networked servers, workstations, peripheral equipment, and software to assure continuous operations
- Provides technical assistance to faculty, staff and students on using computers and software programs including remote support and on the proper use of peripheral electronic equipment used to enhance presentations and viewing
- Troubleshoots and performs various technical computer and peripheral repair duties that include but are not limited to server backup operations, identification, and replacement and repair of components.
- Participates in troubleshooting to resolve network hardware and operations problems, including but not limited to connectivity, internet access, electronic mail, and file servers at all locations.
- Installs and configures computer workstations for specialized laboratory and classroom use. Connects workstations to servers and participates with others to connect with College-wide networks.
- Responds to and resolves user ‘help desk’ tickets and calls. Documents, completes work, and/or forwards to other information technology staff.
- Monitors the status of critical systems such as E-mail, messaging systems, file servers, and networks to ensure constant availability.
- Proficient in supporting Microsoft O365 suite of tools including Outlook, OneDrive, Sharepoint, and Teams.
- Manages and supports COX phone systems
- Associates Degree with 3 Year experience
- Bachelor's Degree or CCNA, MCP, MCSA certification
- WordPress experience
- Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft application suites
Think you have what it takes? Apply today!
NOTE: Candidates selected for a phone screen or an interview will be contacted. Please do not call to follow up on your application as we have a high volume of calls and will not be able to respond to every inquiry