Student Account Officer
- 4401 Village Dr, Fairfax, VA 22030, USA
Fairfax University of America is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) institution committed to setting a new standard in higher education. Through our student-centered approach, we strive to provide the most positive environment for learning available anywhere. Our programs are structured to allow students great flexibility in the design and direction of their own studies. To keep pace with the latest developments in technology and teaching, our curriculum and materials are regularly reviewed and revised, and our instructors receive further training, as necessary.
It is the policy of FXUA to provide equal employment and educational opportunities for all people regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, disability, source of income, place of residence or business, and veteran status. An integral part of this policy is to administer recruiting , hiring, working conditions, benefits and privileges of employment, compensation, training, opportunity for advancement including upgrades and promotion, transfer, and termination of employment including layoff and recall for all employees in accordance with this policy.
Overview: The Student Account Officer will serve as the primary contact for all activities regarding Student Accounts. This position is also responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient, timely and accurate administrative operations. Great customer service skill is required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Analyze student accounts and assist students with questions regarding application of payments, scholarships/financial aid, refunds requests, and payment plans.
- Assist in daily cash collections, reconciliations and deposits.
- Process third-party billing, invoices, account statements, and collection of outstanding balances.
- Reconcile financial accounts related to student accounting.
- Review delinquent account records and prioritize the order in which students must be contacted or re-contacted according to degree and amount of delinquency for collection of overdue accounts.
- Responsible for working cross-functionally with other teams, building customer relationships, and other special projects, as necessary.
- Other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 1-2 years of experience working with students accounts in a higher education institution
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and treat confidential matters with tact and discretion
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in MS Office Suite products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills; including excellent public speaking skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with a highly diverse staff, faculty, and student body.
Think you have what it takes? Apply today!
NOTE: Candidates selected for a phone screen or an interview will be contacted. Please do not call to follow up on your application as we have a high volume of calls and will not be able to respond to every inquiry