Institution Relationship Manager
- 4401 Village Dr, Fairfax, VA 22030, USA
Fairfax University of America is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) institution committed to setting a new standard in higher education. Through our student-centered approach, we strive to provide the most positive environment for learning available anywhere. Our programs are structured to allow students great flexibility in the design and direction of their own studies. To keep pace with the latest developments in technology and teaching, our curriculum and materials are regularly reviewed and revised, and our instructors receive further training, as necessary.
It is the policy of FXUA to provide equal employment and educational opportunities for all people regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, disability, source of income, place of residence or business, and veteran status. An integral part of this policy is to administer recruiting , hiring, working conditions, benefits and privileges of employment, compensation, training, opportunity for advancement including upgrades and promotion, transfer, and termination of employment including layoff and recall for all employees in accordance with this policy.
In support of the University's enrollment and retention goals, establishes and administers programs for recruiting students to University undergraduate programs. Independently represents the institution to targeted constituencies and/or territories. Develops and maintains relationships with identified partners within the institution and community. Strategizes on opportunities to enhance recruitment efforts and implements identified strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represents Fairfax University of America to targeted constituencies; visits high schools and community colleges; speaks and presents to groups and individual students; meets with school counselors, administrators and/or other constituent groups to promote the university
- Develops, coordinates and delivers outreach programs and marketing strategies, including community workshops, retreats, and related recruitment efforts; arranges visits and tours for prospective students and parents.
- Maintains updated knowledge of admissions, registration criteria and financial aid and/or scholarship information and deadlines.
- Develops and maintains partnerships between the university, local school systems, alumni networks, faculty, community partners, and other identified groups throughout the assigned territory/population.
- Coordinates university participation of staff and alumni for national and local college recruitment fairs, conferences and related outreach events; coordinates event-specific organizational aspects, promotional materials and information from the university and its colleges, educational programs and degrees.
- Prepares reports and proposals regarding recruitment and outreach activities, and responds to
- inquiries from students and agencies.
- Creates, packages, monitors and distributes resource materials for student recruitment and retention programs; develops mentorship programs; analyzes trends in recruitment and retention programs; develops strategies for program evaluation.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to analyze course prerequisites, certification, and/or curriculum/graduation requirements.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Program planning and implementation skills.
- Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to high school support staff and students.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to travel by vehicle or air, locally, statewide and/or out of state (meetings virtual until travel resumes).
- A valid driver's license, or ability to obtain a valid driver's license within thirty days of hire, is required for this job.
Think you have what it takes? Apply today!
NOTE: Candidates selected for a phone screen or an interview will be contacted. Please do not call to follow up on your application as we have a high volume of calls and will not be able to respond to every inquiry