Certified Nursing Assistant/CNA - Part Time/Full Time (2pm-10pm)
- 201 Shady Ln Dr, Wadena, MN 56482, USA
Join our amazing Team!
Fair Oaks Lodge is a retirement community offering a wide variety of lifestyle choices in a unique, scenic environment. Our campus includes Sheltering Oaks Adult Day Services, Fair Oaks Apartments for independent senior living, Fair Oaks Lodge Nursing Home, and Focused Short Term Rehabilitation. We provide the right level of care for each resident of our community. At Fair Oaks Lodge, we’re committed to a tradition of compassionate care that goes above and beyond, through hospitality, stewardship, integrity, respect and humor.
As an employee of Fair Oaks Lodge, you will ensure that our residents get the care they need. Your hard work and meaningful efforts will help us to continue providing the highest quality healthcare possible. You will have direct impact on the quality of care that our patients receive and will do what it takes to provide the highest quality care. Your outcome-focused work will leave you feeling empowered at the end of each day because you'll know you've made a difference in the lives of our residents.
We rely on and trust our Certified Nursing Assistants to perform direct resident care and create an environment that demonstrates our commitment to our Community Mission, Vision and Values. This position is responsible for providing residents with routine daily nursing care in accordance with established Community nursing care procedures as directed by supervisors.
At Fair Oaks Lodge, we currently are offering both full and part time opportunities!
The right candidate for this role will be dedicated, compassionate and a team player. Certified Nursing Assistant candidates should also have:
Nursing Care Functions:
- Assists residents with personal cares including bathing, dressing, grooming and toileting.
- Follows all shift routines, policy and procedures regarding accurate performance of vital signs, weights, etc.
- Follows the residents care plan.
- Delivers meals and assists residents with eating. Records accurate food and fluid intake as assigned reports any chewing or swallowing difficulty to the nurse.
- Assists the resident with the restorative nursing program including but not limited to, passive and active range of motion, ambulation with appropriate assistive devices and use transfer belt.
- Assists the residents in transferring using a transfer belt, device or appropriate lift maintaining resident safety at all times.
- Reports promptly to the nurse any changes in the resident condition.
- Answers call lights promptly and determine resident needs.
- Neatly makes and changes bed linen.
- Ensures that residents are clean, neatly dressed, and well-groomed.
- Reports any indication of resident illness to the nurse.
- Provides any information on changes in skin conditions to the nurse.
- Observe and report any noted changes in mental status to the nurse.
- Report to charge nurse all incidents, accidents that occur involving residents, and visitors.
- Follow standard precautions and works within OSHA guidelines.
- Treats and ensures that residents are treated with respect and dignity.
- Immediately reports any suspected abuse or neglect per Community policy.
- Remains aware and takes special precautions to ensure a clean safe environment for residents and staff.
- Reports any equipment malfunction to designated employee.
- Accurate documentation of vital signs, weights, intake and output as delegated per Community protocol.
- Attend designated nursing meetings as scheduled.
- Attends educational offerings and obtains at least 12 hours of continuing education a year per regulation.
- Serve on, participate in and attend various committees and meetings of the Community to enhance interdisciplinary process.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXPERIENCE:
• Completion of a Certified Nurse Assistant program and must be on the state registry.
• Ability to work on weekends, holidays and overtime if necessary.
• Ability to maintain and keep records
• CPR certified.
• Previous experience as a registered or certified nursing assistant in long term care.
• Ability to understand residents’ charts, doctor’s orders, residents’ plan of care, medication orders.
• Must possess the ability to effectively gather clinical data in regards to resident status and condition and report to licensed nurse.
• Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
• Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
• Must be a team player.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.