TMA/CNA - PT & FT (PM Shift)
- 201 Shady Ln Dr, Wadena, MN 56482, USA
Fair Oaks Lodge is a retirement community offering a wide variety of lifestyle choices in a unique, scenic environment. Our campus includes Sheltering Oaks Adult Day Services, Fair Oaks Apartments for independent senior living, Fair Oaks Lodge Nursing Home, and Focused Short Term Rehabilitation. We provide the right level of care for each resident of our community. At Fair Oaks Lodge, we’re committed to a tradition of compassionate care that goes above and beyond, through hospitality, stewardship, integrity, respect and humor.
As an employee of Fair Oaks Lodge, you will ensure that our residents get the care they need. Your hard work and meaningful efforts will help us to continue providing the highest quality healthcare possible. You will have direct impact on the quality of care that our patients receive and will do what it takes to provide the highest quality care. Your outcome-focused work will leave you feeling empowered at the end of each day because you'll know you've made a difference in the lives of our residents.
Trained Medication Aide is responsible for administering medications and treatments to residents under direct supervision of a licensed nurse. The TMA reports any noted changes in the resident as they are noted to their charge nurse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administration of medications and treatments as delegated by a licensed nurse.
- Follows all shift routines, policy and procedures such as of vital signs, weights, and
administration of medications all routes. (excluding injections and intravenous)
- Follows facility medication protocols.
- Utilizes pharmacy,drug references, and licensed nurse for medication administration
- Maintains an awareness of actual and potential side effects, adverse reactions,
contraindications, indications, and purposes of medication.
- Alerts nurse prior to administering a PRN medication.
- Documents response to the PRN medication administered.
- Takes vital signs, as indicated-reporting any abnormalities to nurse.
- Maintains a clean medication/treatment cart and medication room.
- Follows strict medical asepsis protocols.
- Maintains resident confidentiality at all times.
- ADL assistance to residents as assigned and observation of the residents’ general status
- Performs all job duties as listed in the nurse aide job duty description.
- Ability to prioritize duties.
- Ability to adapt to changes in daily work hour, schedule and location.
- Reports any changes in the resident’s functional ability to the nurse
- Reports any indication of illness or change in status to the nurse.
- Provides any information on changes in skin conditions to the nurse.
- Observe and report any noted changes in mental status to the nurse.
- Assist with mealtime and reports changes in appetite, chewing or swallowing difficulty.
- Report to charge nurse all incidents, accidents that occur involving residents, visitors, and staff.
- Treats and ensures that residents are treated with respect and dignity.
- Immediately reports any suspected abuse or neglect per facility policy.
- Assist nurse and NA’s with job tasks as needed
- Behavior charting per facility policy.
- Maintain 24-hour report board on assigned unit.
- Accurate documentation of medications and treatments administered.
- Maintains and verifies accuracy of medication records and reports discrepancies to
- Attend designated nursing meetings as scheduled. Responsible to obtain information if meetings are missed in a timely manner.
- Obtains information from previous shift prior to the start of the shift.
- Keep abreast on new medications, indications, and potential side-effects.
- Maintains medication
and treatment cart stocked with appropriate supplies, and cleans it at the end of the shift.
- Reports need for additional supplies to supervisor
- Serve on, participate in and attend various committees and meetings of the facility to enhance interdisciplinary process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Represents organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Adheres to the dress code. Wears proper identification.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled. Completes work in the designed time frame.
- Other job duties as required.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to endure prolonged walking, sitting, standing, use of pulling, bending, and stooping movements.
- Ability to adapt to changes in daily work hour and schedule.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a regular basis and 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action and as delegated by the licensed nurse.
- Ability to prioritize duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of a state approved training program in medication administration.
- Previous experience as a registered or certified nursing assistant in long term care.
- Ability to understand residents’ charts, doctor’s orders, residents’ plan of care, medication orders.
- Must possess the ability to effectively gather clinical data in regards to resident status and condition and report to licensed nurse.
- Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques
- Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
- CPR certification preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.