- 19 Presidential Way, Woburn, MA 01801, USA
Factorial Energy is dedicated to creating high-performance and safe materials for lithium-ion batteries. As an agile and energetic startup, we strive for excellence in execution and innovation. We are rapidly expanding our established R&D and manufacturing operations in order to fulfill our customers’ needs for superior battery materials.
Factorial Energy is seeking a Lab Technician to join its team in Woburn, Massachusetts. This role will support our Battery Engineering group and will be responsible for electrode slurry preparation, electrode coating and fabrication, and battery cell assembly.
Other tasks may include, but are not limited to:
· Performing lithium-ion battery fabrication according to a strict standard of procedures in order to produce batteries of consistent excellent quality.
· Operating mass balances, slurry mixers, blade coaters, micrometers, die punches, gloveboxes, and vacuum sealers to produce lithium-ion battery pouch cells.
· Recording all activities in a technical record book and working with researchers to further develop consistent procedures.
· Interfacing with computer systems to enter and retrieve data and analyze basic operational information.
· Work safely and in compliance with all regulations and quality systems.
· Coordinating and executing equipment maintenance per manufacturer’s guidelines
· Good dexterity; sufficient to work with small components, and ability to work within a glove box.
· Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry required, new graduate is fine
· Experience working in a chemical laboratory setting, and or quality control environment is preferred.
· General knowledge of equipment calibration and procedures regarding chemical safety. Must be comfortable with operating benchtop machinery and performing repetitive tasks.
· Basic understanding or interest in lab analytical equipment and test methods.
· Excellent people skills and demonstrated ability to work on teams.
· The role will entail work within Lionano SE’s dry room facility. Technicians must be capable of working in low moisture conditions (<.5% Relative Humidity/-50°C dew point).
· Capable of meeting OSHA standards for manual lifting guidelines: < 50lbs
Factorial Energy is an equal employer and all your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.