Trucking Terminal Manager-NJ
- River St, Hoboken, NJ 07030, USA
GST Transport, Inc. is a privately held company offering transloading and drayage services.
We are seeking an experienced Terminal Manager to lead and manage the expansion of our transportation network in the East Coast. The Terminal Manager will be responsible for developing new business and managing the transportation operation service, which includes customer engagement, employee relations, asset management and maintenance.
- Start-up of an ”in-house” transload facility
- Position is 50% day to day operations management and 50% new business development
- Manage trucking, brokerage and warehousing operations
- Responsible for the business plan, which call for aggressive growth and expansion of the trucking and transload business
- Develop strategy and market the company’s services to generate new business relationships, increase revenue growth, and present solutions to meet customer’s needs
- Manage existing business accounts and continuously build customer rapport
- Proven track record of successful port management, including large customers with multi-year service agreements
- Manage overall terminal P&L to establish budgets and forecasts
- Oversee all terminal dispatch, planning, and document management functions
- Ability to assess problems, determine root causes, and work towards resolution and focus on continuous improvement
- Recruit and select office staff, company drivers, and owner operators
- Supervise, manage, and develop facility employees
- Implement and maintain cost control policies through proper staffing, training, and supervision of employees
- Maintain a safe, efficient, and orderly terminal office and yard
- Communicate and uphold all company policies and procedures
- Perform other tasks as necessary to support the company objectives
Qualified candidates will have experience in building, growing, and managing an extensive regional trucking operation.
- 5 years minimum management experience in trucking transportation--trucking, drayage, intermodal
- Experience with piers, ports, and container terminals
- Experience with truck fleet acquisition and maintenance
- 5 years minimum experience in new business development/sales
- Oversight of driver and dispatch team
- Ability to manage, reward, and discipline all employees
- Adept in problem solving, conflict resolution, and time management
- Financial Acumen for pricing, budgeting, and P&L management
- Fluent in Microsoft Office products primarily Excel and Word
- Bachelor’s degree
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.